True Heros of POA

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
I want to personally and publicly recongnize EdFred and Kelvin. These guys define the term Mench or Hoss for you Texas folk. You all may remember the post made by a woman named Kelly in Medical Matters who was looking for help in getting her sister with endstage cancer back home to Michigan from NC so she could spend her final days with her family. Many of us gave links to Angel Flight Groups and Life line pilots but Ed and Kelvin stepped up and said no need we will get it done.

Ed called me just a little while ago and told me the mission was completed today and they got the woman and her mother back home to her Family. Ed also told me the womans family notified the press and Ed was interviewed which I will let him tell you about.

Anyway I have to say publicly guys that I am proud to know you and am very touched by what you have done. BZ and Thank you.

Great job guys. It's stories like this that still sets the USofA apart.

Last edited:
Very cool to hear it happened; I was watching FlightAware for Ed's Comanche and didn't see anything filed, so wondered if it occurred!

Bravo Zulu, gentlemen.

Can't say anymore that hasn't already been said. Well done guys!

Bravo Zulu to our great community members. This is one hell of a group of pilots!

Cheers,

-Andrew

:)

I'm so glad to be part of a community that gets these types of things done.

GREAT JOB Kelvin and Ed!

It doesn't hurt to echo the sentiments of others.

Great job, guys. Thanks. Talk about the Christmas spirit (or Holiday spirit, or however one wants to characterize it!)

:thumbsup:

Dagnabbit....
There goes Ed's reputation as a troublemaker.:smile::smile::smile:

Great job to both of you.

BZ guys and like Adam said I am glad to know people like you.

Many such heroes on POA - humanitarian flights, animal rescue flights, flights and other favors to help fellow pilots and total strangers alike. It's an honor to know such generous people.

And, again, bravo to Kelvin and Ed!

Some walk the walk, others talk the talk. Now we know.

And for whoever asked "If not us, who? If not now, when?" I guess we have the answer to that one too.

And for however good we feel about it, the patient and her family surely feel a much deeper appreciation for your act of kindness.

I would be happy to help defray your expenses.

Damn, that's so cool. Thanks guys. You make us so proud.

Excellent, well played.......

But then, this always was an excellent crowd to catch rides with...:yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:

Heros? Hardly. Any one of you would have done the same given the opportunity.

I do see the resident 1-star douchebag rater is up this morning. Seriously? 1 star for this thread - whoever you are: Get a life.

Ah, and why didn't the Comanche show up on flightaware? Well #1, there were no clouds between Grand Haven and....well, the Atlantic Ocean, and #2, had the flight taken place on Monday I could have accepted a clearance, on Tuesday I coudln't.

Last edited:
Great job guys!!!

Just when I thought I figured out Ed, he goes and does something nice. ; )

I do see the resident 1-star douchebag rater is up this morning. Seriously? 1 star for this thread - whoever you are: Get a life.

Assuming it's the same person, I'd LOVE to talk with them sometime. Seriously, some people...

Back