Truckee Air Show

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
Had a great time at the Truckee airshow this weekend. What a beautiful airport! Figured I would share some of the quick pictures I took. Sorry no action shots, just static displays with my phone. Note the Bombardier 415 (water bomber) was taken at KTVL (South Lake Tahoe).

IMG_1239.JPG IMG_1240.JPG IMG_1265.JPG IMG_1270.JPG IMG_1276.JPG IMG_1282.JPG IMG_1283.JPG IMG_1262.JPG IMG_1264.JPG IMG_1241.JPG

Nice, are those Husky's? The one's with the fat tires? They probably needed .2 feet of the runway to land right? :)

Nice, are those Husky's? The one's with the fat tires? They probably needed .2 feet of the runway to land right? :)

There's not a Husky in any of the pictures. Just a Cub and some Cub based stuff.

I'd rather have a Cub over a Husky anyway...

Not sure what the one with the 35s is to be honest. Super cool though.

Not sure what the one with the 35s is to be honest. Super cool though.

That would be Kevin Quinn, known in the backcountry aviation world as aktahoe, and his airplane is the Backcountry Supercub SQ Rev 2. He's also known for posting a world record water-skiing his Cessna 180 46 miles across Lake Tahoe. If you're the backcountry adrenaline type, his videos are legendary.

That would be Kevin Quinn, known in the backcountry aviation world as aktahoe, and his airplane is the Backcountry Supercub SQ Rev 2. He's also known for posting a world record water-skiing his Cessna 180 46 miles across Lake Tahoe. If you're the backcountry adrenaline type, his videos are legendary.

Ohhh yea I know who he is!!

Back