Troubling stool color

U

Unregistered

Well went to the bathroom this morning my poop was whitish in color, first time it's ever happened, I'm young , a little change in diet lately,a it some TV dinner that was not good at all. Was dehydrated yesterday. Should I be concerned with a one time occurrence ? Im afraid to go to doctor, don't want to have anything that will affect my 1st class medical.

Well went to the bathroom this morning my poop was whitish in color, first time it's ever happened, I'm young , a little change in diet lately,a it some TV dinner that was not good at all. Was dehydrated yesterday. Should I be concerned with a one time occurrence ? Im afraid to go to doctor, don't want to have anything that will affect my 1st class medical.

Fat in feces looks white. If you are worried, talk to you GP. Or cut down on your McDonalds fries.

By the way, blood in the stool looks black.

By the way, blood in the stool looks black.

Depends on where it is coming from. Black is usually bad - originating upstream in the digestive track ...ie intestines or stomach. If it is red, it is typically hemorrhoids or fissures.

I wouldn't be too concerned with a one time white turd. Sounds like something you ate. I remember once eating a bunch of the Christmas tortilla chips (red and green). I was crapping green turds for a couple days.

Not a Dr, so take this info with caution and a large grain of salt....

Putty colored stool (very light tan) can be caused by a bile duct blockage (as in possible gall stone). If you get a raging stomach ache and or vomit, that could be another clue. If pain passes (or never occurs), perhaps the blockage was brief or it is something else.

Gall stone issues are common with the "four Fs" - Fat Flatulent Females over Forty, but guys get them, too.

As for the earlier comment about fat in the stool, have you recently drastically increased fiber intake or eaten a large qty of low fat chips? The former could be scrubbing fat from your lower intestine, the latter could be side effects of Olestra.

Again - not a doctor, just sharing stuff of which I am marginally aware.

Health is more important than flying. Any day of the week. Take care of health first, worry about flying second.

With that said, I have been taking much better care of myself to keep my medical.

And thank you for not sharing pictures...:)

You have malaria......... :eek:

Call your doctor, advice or diagnosis from the internet is worth exactly what you pay for it......

One time colorful poo isn't anything. Same thing a lot might be. But seriously, food colorings can do weird stuff.....

If you really want to get the adrenaline pumping, eat a big bowl of Borscht.

Once a week I give my dogs a rawhide to clean their teeth.

Once a week their poop is soft and white (coincidentally the day after the rawhide).

Did you have a rawhide?

Send me a stool Sample via FedEx. I will have my family doctor look at it and I will get back with you soon on what she says.

You know, I really like my fellow pilots, but there are some things I just won't do for them. Such as accept ****boxes from the local courier for discreet processing and diagnosis.

You are more dedicated to the cause than I am. Bravo. I sort of want to drop a technicolor deuce myself now so that I can see what brown can do for us both in the shipping department. :D

One time colorful poo isn't anything. Same thing a lot might be. But seriously, food colorings can do weird stuff.....

Saw this first hand. Ate some cake with really blue frosting. I was laying green….I mean GREAN cable for a couple days….

Watch your stool over the next couple days. My bet is its something you ate.

If your poo is dry and clumpy does that mean you don't drink enough water?

Have you been eating a lot of mushrooms? When the bears start eating mushrooms, their scat turns whitesh.

As a kid our dog got into my crayons. Kids from all over the neighborhood came by to look at the rainbow colored dog logs in the yard.

Have you been eating a lot of mushrooms? When the bears start eating mushrooms, their scat turns whitesh.

As a kid our dog got into my crayons. Kids from all over the neighborhood came by to look at the rainbow colored dog logs in the yard.

I had a dog that ate bird seed. Looked like nut rolls in the backyard. He did the crayon gig too. Made finding them while cleaning up the yard easier.

Not a Dr, so take this info with caution and a large grain of salt....

Putty colored stool (very light tan) can be caused by a bile duct blockage (as in possible gall stone). If you get a raging stomach ache and or vomit, that could be another clue. If pain passes (or never occurs), perhaps the blockage was brief or it is something else.

Gall stone issues are common with the "four Fs" - Fat Flatulent Females over Forty, but guys get them, too.

As for the earlier comment about fat in the stool, have you recently drastically increased fiber intake or eaten a large qty of low fat chips? The former could be scrubbing fat from your lower intestine, the latter could be side effects of Olestra.

Again - not a doctor, just sharing stuff of which I am marginally aware.

Not bad for non medical.

Biliary obstruction causing chalky white stools can result from many different causes from gall stones to a pancreatic mass and present quite differently. However acholic stools can also result from liver disease or infection where bile production by the liver is impaired. If it persists I would definitely have some blood work on your liver.

Good luck

I prefer the lighter shades, but remember it depends upon the wood you are using.........

81ToAt-THVL_SL1500__zps27ef2894.jpg

Well went to the bathroom this morning my poop was whitish in color,

I wasn't going to touch this..., but from personal experience I can tell you that bile causes the brown color, so if your bile isn't reaching your duodenum just south of your stomach, it can be whitish. In my case I was misdiagnosed with gall bladder disease (not based on stool color, but on symptoms) and I let them take it out. Wrong-o! I subsequently experienced a repeat of the bloating and upper right-hand quadrant pain--like a broomstick being jabbed into my back below the shoulder blade that I couldn't get away from. The repeat symptoms ontop of the sore tissues from the gallbladder surgery was a nine or ten on the pain scale. We're talking morphine that would only work for 45 minutes then I'd have to suffer until the time ran out for the next dose--like four hours later. It would eventually go away as quick as it came on, then would come on again after certain kinds of meals.

Finally had ERCP to open up the common bile duct to let it through, since the bottom opening had grown almost closed. So, this could be an advance warning for you if you see this after a high fat meal (my Waterloo was a fish dinner). Keep the common bile duct in mind to prevent losing your gall bladder unnecessarily.

dtuuri

Not that I didn't get tickled reading this thread, but isn't there a forum out there somewhere for this. I was in tears at "what can brown do for both of us".

Ah, the days before video games.

As for OP, I'm not a doc, but in my case, the white stools were the result of gallstones clogging up the biliary plumbing. I have a very high pain threshold and had been writing off the occasional gall bladder attacks as indigestion for more than a decade. But when the mother of all gall bladder attacks kicked in, it knocked me to the floor -- literally -- for more than a day.

I would have called an ambulance, but I was unable to get up off the floor to get to the phone. I spent the time writhing in pain, alternately wishing that I could die and being afraid that I would very soon. We're talking some serious pain. I wouldn't have wanted to be in the cockpit when that happened, that's for sure.

In retrospect, it's obvious to me that the gallstone symptoms had been around for about 15 years. But the pain had never seemed subjectively bad enough for me to do anything about it besides taking an Alka-Seltzer. Because the Alka-Seltzer contains aspirin (which does in fact help smaller gallstones to pass), it would usually relieve the pain, so I never gave the possibility of a gall bladder problem much thought. The pain just didn't seem "bad enough" for me to think along those lines.

The years of mistaking gallstones for indigestion also led to pancreatitis. In fact, the inflammation was bad enough that the docs were concerned about pancreatic cancer based on the pre-surgical scans. Even after removing my gall bladder (which the surgeon described as looking like "a sweat sock full of marbles") and doing a biopsy, they still insisted on a post-surgical MRCP to confirm that the pancreatic inflammation was subsiding.

Long story short, if the white stools happen even once more, or are preceded or followed by even a twinge of pain, I'd suggest paying a visit to your doc very soon after. It could be nothing, but it could also be an early symptom of a gall bladder problem. I suppose it could be many other things, too. I'm not a doctor. But based on personal experience, I wouldn't ignore it if it happened again.

By the way, gall bladder removal is aeromedically insignificant once the surgery heals.

-Rich

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back