Trouble climbing above 3,500

Would have liked to see a pic of that prop pre-overhaul. Congrats on getting it up to snuff. Makes you wonder what/who was going on with the prop doesn't it?

Would have liked to see a pic of that prop pre-overhaul. Congrats on getting it up to snuff. Makes you wonder what/who was going on with the prop doesn't it?

Makes me wonder how it passed (presumably) multiple annual inspections.

Something tells me there is no before picture.

Im with you guys, I can't imagine a fixed pitch prop condition in which an "overhaul" would solve this issue.

He had a climb prop on it. It would climb to 3,500'.

Im with you guys, I can't imagine a fixed pitch prop condition in which an "overhaul" would solve this issue.
Same with any airfoil, the leading edge is critical as it sets up the entire airflow. Air starts "parting" far out in front of it. The Boeing 727 wing leading edge required maintenance action for dents greater that 1/8" depth. The propellers as well as the fan and compressor blades I've worked on have all required leading edge blending to origional contour.

Back