Tropical Storm/Hurricane Ian

FastEddieB

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fast Eddie B
Probably not too soon for folks on Florida’s west coast to start making plans…

52381170105_f7d82bede7_z.jpg

As usual, if anyone wants to bug out to the Knoxville or N GA areas, we’d be happy to try to help with logistics.

I’m at FGU and would be happy to help with assisting overnight accommodations and tie down space. Don’t hesitate to reach out!

I'd probably bug out with the family if I had the Lance here. As it is I'm headed up north on commercial. Leaving the family here. I'm hoping it changes course. They rarely follow the course from 3 days out. I've gotten to the point where if the initial course is right through our house, I know not to worry.

Well this might put a damper on picking up the Six from X35 if it's ready for next weekend. Stay safe everyone

I'd probably bug out with the family if I had the Lance here. As it is I'm headed up north on commercial. Leaving the family here. I'm hoping it changes course. They rarely follow the course from 3 days out. I've gotten to the point where if the initial course is right through our house, I know not to worry.

Will probably bounce off Cuba and head NW.

Still moving west, so the cone gets pushed to the west. But if it gets pushed so far it doesn’t have to go over Cuba, that’s bad news for gulf coast, it will be stronger with no land fall.

hold on to that insurance quote!

Sorry, hurricane humor. These things are mundane in my formative life. My family just went through some more of the typical yearly duck and roll with Fiona last week. Everybody stay safe out there in the FL.

Well this might put a damper on picking up the Six from X35 if it's ready for next weekend. Stay safe everyone

When you're at Marion County say hello to Mike January for me ... :)

Starting out towards Florida tomorrow ,looks like I might have to adjust route and timing.

My money is on it hitting the panhandle, but we still did a little prep. Stocked up on generator gas, non-perishable food, batteries, and critter feed today. I figured we’d better sock some stuff away before the hoarders got it all.

I was already pretty well supplied with 9mm, .38sp, 12ga, 5.56mm, 7.62x39, and 7.62x57. I could use some more .357, but the .38 stuff will suffice.

Anybody know where Jim Cantore is?

My money is on it hitting the panhandle
Well with the eye trying to reform west, and the western shift of the guidance every forecast cycle, I wouldnt bet yet. Still a long way to go.;)

Anybody know where Jim Cantore is?

Probably roid-raging at teenagers getting in the shot in the parking lot and complaining about the catering of whatever Redneck Riviera motel they got him "on station" at. :D

Stocked up on generator gas, non-perishable food, batteries, and critter feed today. I figured we’d better sock some stuff away before the hoarders got it all.

What, no toilet paper or oil filters?

Back