Trolled a spammer in the for sale section

"No need to come by, I'll be out of town this week and the shop is closed." :goofy:

"No need to come by, I'll be out of town this week and the shop is closed." :goofy:
Exactly! I was hoping to have more fun with him, but a little is better than nothing!

N421JJ is in Fresno, CA. I wonder what its doing in Texas. . . .

N421JJ is in Fresno, CA. I wonder what its doing in Texas. . . .
Look how much he flies, he could be anywhere!! :D That is a buddy of mine's old N number, he changed it 10+ years ago, I use it as my junk email account on Gmail so I can remember it instead of using something that is connected to me. ;)

He's back tonight! I'll update the emails tomorrow, I was afraid he'd given up!:D

Reactions: Ted
Nothing works as well as offering to meet or send some friend over to check on the merchandise to sort the scammers from the real sellers.

Sorry John, I think I might beat you to it with my Western Union package deal I just offered him! :D

John, I like your style! :yes:

Here's the latest, he sent me a contract for our mutual protection!! LOL I told him I was traveling today, in San Antonio and I'll be in Dallas tomorrow! LOL

Yeah, that contract looks great. And bank wire transfer, what could be better?

There's never a bored cop and two cooperating banks around when you need'em.

If there's only one john in 32541 I can't go there. I often need to stop to take a leak.

I am enjoying your thread :)

Three whole days to verify the working condition of an aircraft gps? I bet it takes 4 for shipping.

I actually bought a 430W on the internet and the deal went fine. It wasn't on this site, or eBay, but it went fine.

I'd do it again... but:

This one looks like a letter from the Treasury Minister of Somalia trying to part out the avionics from a recently recovered asset.

I think I'm going to ask him about making payments next! Maybe send him $3000 now and the rest next week? Thoughts? LOL

Tell him you want to use escrow service. Since he has the contract he is protected.

Tell him the other guy just came down to $4k.

I offered to to send $3000 now and the rest next week!

Ask for a picture of the seller, a current newspaper front page, and the 430 in one shot.

Then, if he sends it, tell him it looks photoshopped.

Ask for a picture of the seller, a current newspaper front page, and the 430 in one shot.

Then, if he sends it, tell him it looks photoshopped.
You guys are good!! I'm enjoying messing with him or her or whatever!

I offered to to send $3000 now and the rest next week!

That was a good deal. I bought it this morning and it will be here Friday afternoon. I already have shipping confirmed with FedEx.

ok, maybe not....;)

You guys are good!! I'm enjoying messing with him or her or whatever!

Send him a cashiers check written in crayon. Make it out $1000 above the price and ask him to buy gift-cards and send you the numbers 'for shipping'.

It costs about $35 to put a stop payment on a personal ck. Send him a check with a stop payment on it.

I love how the sales agreement says the buyer has full right to ASK for a refund..but it has no language that says the buyer actually will get one...lol.

For those who haven't seen this site previously, there are those who take this game to the next level and beyond.

http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm

Links

With his bank account and personal information printed right on the check?

Nope.

You could draw a crappy version of a check on a blank piece of paper and then sign it with an X. That'd be great.

It costs about $35 to put a stop payment on a personal ck. Send him a check with a stop payment on it.

That has more personal information than I'd want to give a known scammer.

I am loving this!! Here's the latest from him, he's agreed to take $3000 now and the rest next week, he want's to send me wiring instructions! :) He's starting to get excited, he sent one email early this morning and followed up with another one a couple hours later, he can almost smell the money! And before anyone asks, I do have too much time on my hands!! LOL :D:D

The words "kindly" and "best regards" are pretty good clues.

I use "Best Regards" frequently in my emails. I had an employee who used "kindly" in most her her emails when she was making a request. Didn't realize that we are spammers...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back