Traveling to San Francisco (Wanting to fly around San Fran)

That looks very handy. What do the (P) and (F) mean in front of the phone numbers?

Presumably phone and fax, if people remember what fax is. It's this thing where you put a piece of paper into a little machine, dial a phone number, it makes some weird noises, and POOF a copy pops out somewhere else. Just like magic!

I see you meet the duck :D

(pssst Kimberly... if you find the hula girl we talked about, send me the link.)

RE: the credits at the end... I think you're missing the obligatory lllama

Great!

When I drove home that night, I observed that there was some marine layer offshore, but not past the coast. There is a spot on the commute home where I can see as far north as the golf course (6 miles down the coast from KHAF). It was a bit windy, but visibility was very good.

Yes, that bay tour is stunning. The only one I prefer over that locally is Pt. Reyes Lighthouse, but that's the foggiest place in California; it's often socked in even when HAF and even CEC are clear.

Robert, your next assignment is a flight over Lake Tahoe and/or Tioga Pass / Yosemite. :)

Sounds like a plan MAKG... I have a friend that lives in the Lake Tahoe area I guess I need to plan a trip and visit. This weekend, weather permitting, I am flying down to the Texas coast and my parent's ranch. I am sure my flight will not be anywhere near as smooth as the California flight but at least I will be flying again.

Sounds like a plan MAKG... I have a friend that lives in the Lake Tahoe area I guess I need to plan a trip and visit. This weekend, weather permitting, I am flying down to the Texas coast and my parent's ranch. I am sure my flight will not be anywhere near as smooth as the California flight but at least I will be flying again.

Here it is. 150 photos. Mountain Flying Training. Backseat of the Skywagon that went. Lead CFI was in my plane. Santa Rosa to Tioga Pass / Yosemite to Mammoth to South Lake Tahoe for a meal and then back to Santa Rosa. Prettiest flight yet:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iflylikeagirl/sets/72157631831694647/

Some highlights:

8114363392_20a5387bc6_z.jpg

8114342753_2865ebef1f_z.jpg

8114342842_bef3328683_z.jpg

8114324210_92187bf92c_z.jpg

Here is the video I created from all of the video footage. It was my first creation using some new tools so please keep that in mind..... LOL
Awesome video! I especially liked the panning shots on the way south. I can't wait to see those sights for myself... hopefully in a couple of months.

Nice pictures

Just wait 'til you see it in person. Photos are nice, but they can't do it justice.

Don't expect smooth air over the Sierra. It happens (more likely early morning), but it's not the norm. It's really worth it anyway, as long as the turbulence is no worse than occasional moderate. Continuous light turbulence is fairly likely.

I think those photos are Melones Reservoir (near Columbia), Mammoth Airport, Mono Lake, and Emerald Bay (Lake Tahoe). Not so sure on those first two.

Awesome video! I especially liked the panning shots on the way south. I can't wait to see those sights for myself... hopefully in a couple of months.
That's our state. Say what you will about the political leadership, there is no other state in the union that I would rather live in, not even close.

Pretty much any state in the west has awsome scenery.

Here is what flying through central Texas is like on a typical summer morning. Low clouds and haze from the gulf. I took this on my flight down to 34R this past weekend (2500ft).
attachment.php

Attachments

• CentralTexasTypicalSummerMorning.png
    CentralTexasTypicalSummerMorning.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
That's our state. Say what you will about the political leadership, there is no other state in the union that I would rather live in, not even close.

Aeric! Shhhhhh!!!! Don't give 'em any ideas, we're full man :D

It sure is. I can proudly say I've flown in AND out of that field now. We had our plane parked there for a week. In fact we departed Petaluma just this morning.

Hello and goodbye? I was there this past weekend, were you there?

Hello and goodbye? I was there this past weekend, were you there?

We came in on the Wed 19th and left on Mon 24th. We were not technically at the airport on the weekend although our covered 182RG was parked all by it's lonesome south and east of the fuel dock. Sat and Sun. we were at Sonoma Raceway watching Nascar racing, lots of fun. We will be back for sure Kimberly, we had such a great time. Love the Petaluma airport. We actually stayed in Rohnert Park but it's a very short drive. When I reserved everything was already booked except the Hampton Inn in RP.
When you're there are you hanging out north of the fuel dock at an FBO?

Last edited:
We came in on the Wed 19th and left on Mon 24th. We were not technically at the airport on the weekend although our covered 182RG was parked all by it's lonesome south and east of the fuel dock. Sat and Sun. we were at Sonoma Raceway watching Nascar racing, lots of fun. We will be back for sure Kimberly, we had such a great time. Love the Petaluma airport. We actually stayed in Rohnert Park but it's a very short drive. When I reserved everything was already booked except the Hampton Inn in RP.
When you're there are you hanging out north of the fuel dock at an FBO?

When I'm there I'm flying planes or volunteering to work on planes in a maintenance hangar doing annual inspections.

Back