Traveling Faith Healers' Jet goes down in Wichita 10am today.

And to think, some actually believe that the power of God Almighty is limited to the present capacity of their intellect. Now THAT'S faith in the ridiculous.

And to think, some actually believe that the power of God Almighty is limited to the present capacity of their intellect. Now THAT'S faith in the ridiculous.

And your faith is based on a "book" that was written 2000 years ago by nobody knows who... And rewritten, and rewritten.. hundreds of times more...

I will stick my present capacity of intellect, thank you......

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Many people can be convinced of many things by smooth talkers. Doesn't have to be religious - it can be scams like investments or other things. But this guy preyed upon people at the very lowest and most vulnerable point in their lives.

And let's assume for a moment that he actually believed what he preached - that god was channeling healing power to believers through him. Over time he has to see the evidence mounting right in front of him that the sicknesses he is able to heal the most are those with no physical evidence. No obvious bumps or lesions or open wounds, etc. When he gets to the point where he's flying around the country in a "ministry supported aircraft", he knows that he's selling snake oil to rubes.

I dunno. A nurse practitioner setting a bone or stitching a gash, or an aspirin or Tylenol used to relieve some pain hardly seems nefarious nor predatory.

I was thinking more of the $50k treatments of chemo or other drugs and the oncologist, hospitals, clinics and an industry that is completely setup to fleece the weak when they are unable to say now. And I can tell you want the evidence is against their success rate. I will take the faith healer any day of the week.

At least he was 16,000 feet closer to the Lord. He is now on feather wings promoting the word of the Lord.

José

Wow. I couldn't imagine ever comparing religion to drugs

You're right. My apologies...

...to those who sit at home peacefully and have a smoke, toke or shot.

Bad comparison...especially considering the multi-millions murdered over the centuries.

Have we driven this topic into the spin zone yet? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Religion, like alcohol, drugs, and tobacco, is simply a crutch to help the weak of mind make it through the day. A mental illness so to speak.

I was gathering my thoughts when I read your brilliant summation. Nothing more to add. :yes:

I use to be their pilot, flying a Cessna 421B, the pilot in the accident was a member of the church a pastor also and right hand of Dr. Ed Dufresne, when they bought the CJ was my last day flying for them, they kept the airplane at French Valle CA (F70). They always like to be on time no matter the wx conditions
RIP

I use to be their pilot, flying a Cessna 421B, the pilot in the accident was a member of the church a pastor also and right hand of Dr. Ed Dufresne, when they bought the CJ was my last day flying for them, they kept the airplane at French Valle CA (F70). They always like to be on time no matter the wx conditions
RIP

RIP. I believe his schedule has been filled for the foreseeable future.

I've always had a kind of a soft spot for confidence people. If they can con you into doing something that is not in your nature, by playing on emotion or your stupidity, it's barely criminal. Why should I, or anyone else get in the way of a good confidence game(like religion)? As long as the state doesn't rely on the con men's actions for our regs, I say leave them be. If the state gets hornswaggled out of tax money, find a rope, and a tree. Use it on the con man, then on the state agent that got swindled out of my hard earned tax money.

RIP

What do you know about the rivet story ?

I'm curious about that one as well, although if the story is true, it may have happened before he acquired the jet.

Well, if what has been relayed before is true, there should be some entries in the logs about that kind of structural repair. This is not like a fabric plane where you put a patch here or there.

Just watch.......... The widow will take in MILLIONS from the flock.....:mad::mad2:

Just watch.......... The widow will take in MILLIONS from the flock.....:mad::mad2:

....and Cessna, and Pratt, and everyone who touched the plane in the 38 years since.

Fat burning pills, Helsinki formula, copper bracelets, Long Island mediums, faith healing... It's all the same hogwish that is happily gobbled up by ignorant people in the millions. "There's a sucker born every minute."

Last edited:
0591.jpg

I guess not on this trip...

Well guys as a Christian who also believes speaking about religion among friends only leads to problems, let me say this much. I will not openly celebrate his death as his practices are between him and God now.

You guys are sick. Two people are dead.

I'm no fan of faith healers, but traveling between gigs in an almost 40 year old jet doesn't sound like someone living the high life to me. More like the guy had enough business demand that owning a jet made sense and that was all he could afford.

Yeah, he hasn't made the big league yet, Earnest Angely has his own 747SP.

If God is your copilot, better change seats.

A guy in my glider club was talking about a T-shirt that says "God is my towpilot"

That is a 2 pilot authorized aircraft and there was only one type rated pilot. Apparently the pilot was a paster as well in the same church....

The head guy was a pilot but not rated.

I suspect with the winds another pilot reported 30 from the south 500' higher 30 from the north between 3500'- I wonder if they plane got caught and flipped by the sheer?

In any case what appeared to happen is consistent with inadvertent flight, over speeding, snap breaking the wings and becoming a lawn dart. Witnesses reported the wing coming down separately and the plane came straight down real fast. He looked up after hearing what he thought was an explosion but did not see fireball in the sky.

That is a 2 pilot authorized aircraft and there was only one type rated pilot. Apparently the pilot was a paster as well in the same church....

I suspect with the winds another pilot reported 30 from the south 500' higher 30 from the north between 3500'- I wonder if they plane got caught and flipped by the sheer?

In any case what appeared to happen is consistent with inadvertent flight, over speeding, snap breaking the wings and becoming a lawn dart. Witnesses reported the wing coming down separately and the plane came straight down real fast. He looked up after hearing what he thought was an explosion but did not see fireball in the sky.

:eek:...

Apparantly GOD was NOT the co- pilot in this crash.... I wonder how long this duo has been flying a two pilot plane with just ONE qualified crew...:dunno::(

My bet is .. YEARS.....:mad2::mad:

Hopefully no one will sue Cessna because their 40 year old plane snapped to pieces.

Apparantly GOD was NOT the co- pilot in this crash.... I wonder how long this duo has been flying a two pilot plane with just ONE qualified crew...:dunno::(

Things like that usually work pretty good, until they don't.

500/550 series Citations can be flown single pilot with a single pilot waiver, pretty standard stuff. Lots of I's and II's are flown by one pilot, it does require either a commercial or ATP ticket, a second class medical and a check ride, but it's pretty common. :D
I flew a 551 so my type rating is CE500, not single pilot.;)

Back