Travelin' music...

Hoo-kay. Not much interest here in Hank Snow, huh? I didn't know much about him either until I stumbled upon Johnny Cash singing his song. I couldn't believe anybody could remember the lyrics and perform it live without making a mistake, so I checked out who else recorded it. Hank Snow, it turns out, was a real interesting achiever. Parents divorced at age eight, court assigned him to be raised by grandparents, who were abusive. Dropped out of school at twelve to be a cabin boy on a fishing vessel, etc. He comes from Canada, sang at the Grand Ole Opry for 46 years, he's the one who "discovered" Elvis Presley and introduced him to Colonel Parker. Sold over 70 million records in his lifetime and founded the Hank Snow Foundation for abused children. He adapted this song from an Australian version and changed the names of the cities. I marveled at the tune--I can sing the chorus, but could never in a million years the verses.

dtuuri

And, of course, there's Dick Jonas' version for the fighter pilots out there...
Ron Wanttaja

For those who miss their ego maps:

If they miss them, they can simply re-upload them. No big deal. Really easy... find the graphic they made (or make a new one) and drag-and-drop it into their signature in the Profile area of the site.

I don't know why, but I love to start a "road" trip with this as the first song.

The Johnny Cash version is a little slower if you want to practice:

Back