Training in DTLS vs. J-3 Cub

iDream,
I'm not trying to bash anybody. I never meant to imply that younger CFI's are bad or bad people in general. My first CFI almost 8 years ago was younger, and we didn't click. Could have been him, could have been me. At my current school, it's guys in their 50's. I was more wondering about their approach to teaching, and if being older they may have more experience at teaching, and therefore have been able use that experience to provide a better experience for their student. I think its a very valid thought. I'm here to learn all I can in the hopes of becoming a safe, smart pilot. If questions/comments I have on here make you PO'd, truth to tell, I don't really care.

I've only flown with three CFI's and all of them were retirement age. One of the three is just a cantankerous old fart and dares you to fly right. The other two, mainly my current instructor who is probably over eighty, were easy going guys who absolutely LOVE flying and showing people how to do it.

There's nothing wrong with young CFI's, and there's no guarantee that an old one will be any more affable.

Doc

Back