Trailer Trash

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
This kind of redefines RV-ing. I bet you could buy a really nice airplane for what this guy has in his RV:

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

leah says "I would rather have an airplane and a tent"

It's a shame people in a rich industrialized nation have to live in their automobile! I say we should give this guy some of the bailout money so he can buy a proper home.

Living in the streets, indeed, we should be ashamed of ourselves! :rolleyes2:

--Matt Rogers

'is an 'ers side by side toilets?

"Honey, I'm all out, can I borrow some **** paper?"

You want to see some real trailer trash? Tomorrow I'll step outside and take pictures of where I currently live.

I've seen how they build these things on Discovery. Hadn't seen the underbelly car storage before though.

They're only that spacious when they are parked and the sides balloon outward - still a very nice ride.

I had a grand-uncle who retired and he and his wife lived in a very nice RV for a decade or so, criss-crossing the country. They had a couple of motorcycles hanging off the back for recreational purposes. They really enjoyed that decade.

I'd be envious except I suspect his fuel mileage sucks.

I'd be envious except I suspect his fuel mileage sucks.

I bet it gets mileage at least as good as that I get from my 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado Cabriolet. Diesel is a wonderful thing.

I bet it gets mileage at least as good as that I get from my 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado Cabriolet. Diesel is a wonderful thing.

My guess is that he gets around 3-4 mpg, is your Caddy that bad?

My guess is that he gets around 3-4 mpg, is your Caddy that bad?

I was a betting man, I'd estimate 8-10 MPG for the motor home, steady-state cruising on the interstate, with a properly-engineered diesel powertrain.

I actually do a little better than that with the Eldo- probably 14 mpg on the highway, but that's with real gasoline. The ethanol-contaminated stuff they're throwing down on us would knock that down to, probably, 11 or so.

Now if they could add foldout wings and enough horsepower so that it would fly. I could sell the house and downsize to just one convertible.:rolleyes:

Like this?

Attachments

• MV5BMTQ5ODM5NTM5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDk0NzEyMg@@__V1__CR0,0,580,580_SS100_.jpg
    MV5BMTQ5ODM5NTM5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDk0NzEyMg@@__V1__CR0,0,580,580_SS100_.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 190
How did they get the picture of the bathroom w/o getting the reflection of the photographer or the camera?

It doesn't look like it has much ground clearance.

How did they get the picture of the bathroom w/o getting the reflection of the photographer or the camera?

It doesn't look like it has much ground clearance.
Airbrush!
It looks like it has stilts for when the garage is open. Not sure I'd want to be near it when it's jacked up.

IMNSHO that abomination is way too big to have any fun with. You're stuck with nicely paved areas and huge campgrounds. I saw a non car carrier monster that looked very similar. $1.5 million base price. Couldn't give it to me without me sticking a for sale sign in the window within minutes.

Put the camera way up front and zoom in for the shot would be my first attempt. Post processing would be easy enough.

It looks like it has stilts for when the garage is open. Not sure I'd want to be near it when it's jacked up.
Those are called leveling jacks. It's standard hardware on such beasts and many smaller motorhomes as well. You can STC them on just about anything. Properly maintained and used properly they're just about as safe as sitting on wheels.

Living in the streets, indeed, we should be ashamed of ourselves!

Yea sure. It beats the stuffing out of living in a rabbit hutch or rat hole though. ...On second thought, please convince them of that. I'd really like to get my hands on a new Class C and a bunch of other toys.

<--- Fulltimer (year #3 in progress)

Attachments

• Winterover2008.JPG
    Winterover2008.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Look in the center of the frame, you can see the photog shooting through the windshield with a telephoto lens. He looks like a little black dot.

I wouldn't trade ol N9054N for it, noway. I know it is worth more but NO DEAL.

Looks like a European 35-foot coach based thing. Looks like maybe a Setra. It'll get 8 MPG and change.

That type of vehicle starts at $600K and goes up from there. I'd bet no less than $900K on this particular one.

It still doesn't fly. :no:

Looks like a European 35-foot coach based thing. Looks like maybe a Setra. It'll get 8 MPG and change.

That type of vehicle starts at $600K and goes up from there. I'd bet no less than $900K on this particular one.

It still doesn't fly. :no:

And for that money I could have a brand new C-182 with money left over for gas and insurance - for a number of years. I think I'll pass.

And for that money I could have a brand new C-182 with money left over for gas and insurance - for a number of years. I think I'll pass.

Hell, you could buy a restored Grumman Albatross and put a nice RV-style interior in it, and then you'd have an RV that floats AND flies! :yes:

How about a new Goose, Kent? Turbine powered. Have them build out that RV interior per your specs:

http://www.antillesseaplanes.com/gallery.htm

(They bought the type certificate and are building them brand new).

Drool.

I can't remember the plane at the moment but I think it's a DeHavilland something or other. It basically looks like a smaller twin engine C-130 kind of thing with the back end that opens up and can easily carry a bulldozer. I always thought that would make a perfect flying motorhome. Room for living quarters up front and still be able to carry motorcycles or a jeep. Big tires and no actual runway needed. Find a beach or semi-flat terrain and have fun.

Drool.

I can't remember the plane at the moment but I think it's a DeHavilland something or other. It basically looks like a smaller twin engine C-130 kind of thing with the back end that opens up and can easily carry a bulldozer. I always thought that would make a perfect flying motorhome. Room for living quarters up front and still be able to carry motorcycles or a jeep. Big tires and no actual runway needed. Find a beach or semi-flat terrain and have fun.

deHavilland Buffalo DHC-5.

300px-DehavillandCC-115Buffalo12.JPG

Dan

Back