Towing question

When was the official "POH" format mandated? Probably somewhere in that span of years I'm guessing.

Often, non-standard towing procedures are found in documents such as: For the Boeing 757, the Aircraft Recovery Document, has several variations for towing from main landing gear.

I saw nothing indicating he was burying his wheels in mud in front of his hangar but perhaps I missed it.

I always started my glider tows on the ground and not airborne, but ok. LOL.

I didn’t see any indication that he was intending to turn the aircraft at the hangar either. But maybe I missed it.

And my tows start in a straight line, no side loads until airborne and that pesky glider gets out of position. He doesn’t know how to play follow the leader.

And my tows start in a straight line, no side loads until airborne and that pesky glider gets out of position. He doesn’t know how to play follow the leader.
The instructor keeps whacking my head telling me to box the wake and then you turn...

What, you can’t box in a turn? If not why not?

Granted a more advanced maneuver. I was getting checked out at a different airport and the instructor asked for a box just as the tow pilot turned, no issues mate.

What, you can’t box in a turn? If not why not?

Granted a more advanced maneuver. I was getting checked out at a different airport and the instructor asked for a box just as the tow pilot turned, no issues mate.
I'll box in the turn but I'll jerk yer butt around to express my ingratitude for your inconsiderate decision to initiate the unnecessary turn just as the instructor is whacking me in the head.

Back