Totally devastating for these people. So sad for them.

That sucks. After Hurricane Andrew they bulldozed the huge pile of scrap aluminum that had been aircraft at Tamiami. It was unbelievable.

I wouldn't say the loss of an airplane or hangar is devastating. I would say the loss of a house and all your belongings and provider of the family is devastating. An airplane is a hunk of aluminum that can be easily replaced.

Wow...sorry I shared

Wow...sorry I shared

Now, don't go getting all hurt and offended. Just wrap your cardigan around your shoulders and sip that warm cup of tea with both hands, and keep telling yourself you're good enough, you're smart enough, and, gosh darnit- people LIKE you! ;)

I wouldn't say the loss of an airplane or hangar is devastating. I would say the loss of a house and all your belongings and provider of the family is devastating. An airplane is a hunk of aluminum that can be easily replaced.

Well, it could also be a hunk of wood and fabric in the form of a classic biplane that is not so easily replaced. But yeah, basically you are correct.

Wow...sorry I shared
I don't like it when people over assign terms to something that isn't quite what that term is supposed to be. A 90 year old person dying is not a tragedy but I see people say it's a tragedy. A six year old dying of cancer in the parents arms is a tragedy. A natural death is not. Just like losing a plane or a hangar that can be replaced is not devastating. Losing all of your personal effects and memories and heirlooms that cannot be replaced is devastating.

While we're beating this guy down - I'll add that not everyone is a Facebook fan so no links or you will be drawn, quartered and fed to the hogs.

While we're beating this guy down - I'll add that not everyone is a Facebook fan so no links or you will be drawn, quartered and fed to the hogs.
I'm not beating him down I just think that things that truly are tragic or devastating become diminished with the overuse of terms for things that are not.

Looks like scrap metal to me...... don't get what all the fuss is bout'. Wash,rinse, repeat. Don't like the outcome? Move.

Back