Tornado damage at FBL (Faribault, MN)

DeeG

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
DeeG
Had some 'use it or lose it' vacation hours, so the spouse and I flew down to SoCal for a week to see my kids and grandkids and then we headed to MN for a week to see his family. Arrived at MSP at 0530 Friday morning. Turned on the phone and found numerous voice mails and texts. Seems a few tornado's came through southern MN while we were on the plane. Couple dozen trees down on both the family farms, but luckily no structures damaged. Spent two days clearing trees and cleaning up. (lots more to do, though)

Sadly, Faribault Airport (about 5 miles west of the farms) didn't fare so well.

http://www.southernminn.com/faribau...cle_962487f4-921d-5978-91ca-18adac0742a5.html

Heartbreaking to see the destruction.

Damn that’s sad. I hope everyone was ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tornadoes love airports......like moths to a flame.

Pretty sure that happened a week or so ago. The news is apparently behind the times if they’re getting around to reporting it now.

Pretty sure that happened a week or so ago. The news is apparently behind the times if they’re getting around to reporting it now.
It was in the news the same night it happened, but this is the most in depth footage I've seen. The night it happened it was mostly cell phone videos from people driving by on the highway.

Tornadoes love airports......like moths to a flame.

And trailer parks.....

th

Back