Tornado check-in thread

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Since we are still having multiple tornadoes right now across the country, I wonder if some of you could let us know if you are alright? Brent just checked in a few minutes ago. What about our other friends in Missouri, Illinois, Arkansas,Tennessee and elsewhere? Are all y'all okay?

They just blew thru here with numerous "confirmed" tornadoes. We're still whole.

Since we are still having multiple tornadoes right now across the country, I wonder if some of you could let us know if you are alright? Brent just checked in a few minutes ago. What about our other friends in Missouri, Illinois, Arkansas,Tennessee and elsewhere? Are all y'all okay?

Well, I'm new to the forum and nobody really knows me, but I'm alright. There were 3 tornados within 20 miles of me yesterday and one just 3 miles away.

Attachments

• tornado1.jpg
    tornado1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Tornado2.jpg
    Tornado2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 28
In one piece. I was worried for a while though.

Whew... Central IL doing much better. Headed to work in a few. :goofy:

Russellville, AR is untouched.

Some remarkable reports coming out. Private airstrip at Etna, AR (South of Ozark) badly hit. One hangar reported totally blown away - including the concrete slab.

Update:

Turns out that that hangar wasn't on a slab. Had a dirt floor with a carpet over it. People not in the know saw only dirt where a hangar had been.

Last edited:
We were in the red circle today but came out just fine. The storms prediction center kind of missed it today...shame they haven't missed it more this year.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the folks who have gone through the floods and storms.

We never have tornadoes here!

I'll take my rainy days any day.

There were tornado warnings here in the SW Chicago burbs, but nothing came of them that I know of, luckily.

Minor damage in the Memphis area. Not deaths and not many (if any) injuries.

No problems for the past couple of days. Earlier in the week we had a tornado warning and the sirens went off. We herded the cats and went to the basement, but it peatered out. Just a lot of small tree branches down, typical spring t-storm stuff.

One of my co-workers sent me video that was taken yesterday right across the street from the office of a large rotating cloud. Just a little bit more coaxing and it could have been a really bad tornado right over Leawood, KS.

Last edited:
All good here. Had a tornado east of me a few miles, but it wasnt much.

I know he doesn't get on much but has anyone heard from Ross Fischer? He's in the OKC area. Last I heard, OKC was also hit.

Thankfully I'm not there anymore but a few planes at my former college were damaged pretty badly. One ripped off the chains onto another.

We've been lucky in Nebraska. Let's keep it that way.

Whew... Central IL doing much better. Headed to work in a few. :goofy:
Last night I drove through all that stuff to Springfield for the IL. Aviation Hall of Fame Banquet. Pretty wild stuff, no way was I gonna fly....but my judgement is STILL called into question.

Last edited:
Back