Top Gun (The movie) Part 2 is it going to happen?

FloridaPilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FloridaStudentPilot
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/tom-cruise-says-making-top-gun-2-would-be-fun/ar-AAdwGIQ

Do you think Top Gun 2 happens?

Tom cruise said he didn't want the airplanes to be CGI but the real thing which is honorable, (I'm not much into CGI). To get military jets like the first one would automatically be a multimillion dollar movie budget.

I would pay to see it though!

What kind of story line would get a 53 year old Tom Cruise in a jet again to make it a good story?

I hope not.

I liked it when it came out, because I was young and it had Navy jets, now I can't sit through it.

It's really a chick-flick.

Cruise is 53? Top Gun 2 will have him working for a defense contractor greasing the skids with Congressmen.

Cruise is 53? Top Gun 2 will have him working for a defense contractor greasing the skids with Congressmen.
And Goose will return as a transvestite Zombie ...
Charlie has had an addadictome and is now a male defence contractor callsign "Charlie"...

It IS Hollyweird after all!:rolleyes2::mad2:

Chris

In one way, I hope so, but in another, I hope not. I don't think the first can be outdone, or get anything close to it. They would have to re-awaken all of the main characters in some fashion. And the original soundtrack? Can't outdo that either. Iconic music selection. Also, if you haven't, consider watching along with RiffTrax. Make sure to have a supply of beer.

And the original soundtrack? Can't outdo that either. Iconic music selection.

Ouch, imagine what "iconic" music we have now. None. What will they use for the soundtrack of the sequel? Lady transvestite Gaga? Katy uggo Perry? Bruno pip-squeak Mars? God forbid Taylor jewel-encrusted Swift? I am scared just thinking of the possibilities. :hairraise:
Let sleeping dogs lie. Too much can go wrong here.

I'd rather rewatch the original chick flick ... which reminds me, I promised to show the movie for some young local pilots ... these kids have never heard of Maverick or Goose, they need to learn from the good ol' movies (no, not B&W :lol: ).

Well, Maverick's dad disappeared in 1965... if he was 25 years old at the time (and his photo looked more like he was 30+) then Viper (who flew with his dad) would've been pushing 50 in the original...

I applaud Cruise for wanting full up real aircraft and no CGI. God knows I hate CGI. Problem is, they already did real aircraft in the first one. How are they 1. Going to find a scene stealing legendary aircraft like the F-14 and 2. Shoot scenes with it like we've never seen before? Not gonna happen.

Also back then, those scenes were unique. You got the feeling that you're in a fighter. You didn't have anything like it before that time. Well, a lot has changed since then. You've got so many books, pics and you tube vids with fighter stuff. You wanna know what it's like to fly in a fighter? Just watch one of the many VFA-27 vids out there. I think those dudes concentrate more on making movies than training for combat!:D

Then of course the music, the style, and the actors just won't set this movie apart. Top Gun got all the elements right at just the right time.

It needs to be fairly true to the original and focus on a serious issue of the day, women in aerial combat....

hot, young, physically fit women....

and have a beach volleyball scene again.....

and locker room scenes.

It was a good formula the first time.....

just the wrong gender.

It needs to be fairly true to the original and focus on a serious issue of the day, women in aerial combat....

and locker room scenes.

just the wrong gender.

WOW! What a Genius!!! How could they have missed that opportunity?! :mad2:

and locker room scenes.

just the wrong gender.

That just might get me to go to the theater to watch this! You're on to something there.:yes:

On a side note that "beach volley ball" scene was actually at Miramar. Unfortunately they plowed it over along with the soft ball field and put like an AT&T building with new barracks over it. That's where I paid all my phone bills when I was stationed there. Maybe 50 yards from my barracks.

Last edited:
Back