"Top Gun: Maverick" Super Hornet F-18

If he’s still a Captain after 30 years I bet he’s got some great stories

Actually that would be rather true to life. Passed over due to conduct shenanigans, didn't want to do PME, offered continuation during 9/11 and the airlines weren't hiring, so stayed in a dead end billet.

I'm telling you, Robin Olds wouldn't have made O-4 in today's Air Force. We're such a contradiction.

“Rumors had circulated that greatest flying movie ever made would be getting a sequel.”

Rebuttal anyone?

Yeah I’d say Memphis Belle or Tuskegee are better “flying movies”, but probably didn’t inspire nearly as many youngsters to pursue flying. Top Gun was definitely my favorite movie as a kid, hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had several of those I got at the movie premiere back in the day.
No premiere for me, but I must've gone to every video rental store in a 3-state area trying to get one. No joy.

When Top Gun came out a bunch of Intruder buds had patches made that read "Fighter pilots make movies, attack pilots make history." After FOTI the Tomcat dudes wore "Fighter pilots make movies, attack pilots make bad movies."

Nauga,
and the attack of the TADpoles

I bet that impresses the ladies.

They dig it. Especially when I make random airplane noises and yell “he’s still too high...Devil 505 wave off! Wave off!” Usually the parents then grab their kids and I get kicked out of the pool.

Last edited:
The
No premiere for me, but I must've gone to every video rental store in a 3-state area trying to get one. No joy.

When Top Gun came out a bunch of Intruder buds had patches made that read "Fighter pilots make movies, attack pilots make history." After FOTI the Tomcat dudes wore "Fighter pilots make movies, attack pilots make bad movies."

Nauga,
and the attack of the TADpoles

Got one still in the original wrapping. :eek:

A756C92C-A56F-4B63-95A4-6AA27A4CA322.jpeg

Back