Top Gun IMAX 3D

CaptLabrador

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Adam
It was my favorite movie growing up as a kid but I never got to see it in the theaters so for me THIS WAS EPIC. Really came out very good in 3D for a 20 year old movie.:D

Wait you are an SF person? Where did you see it? I think I saw it once or twice as a kid but I don't remember the whole movie.

So for me it would be like seeing it for the first time (almost).

I just know they sing "you've lost that loving feeling" and that's about it.

Lol, yeah they sing it and so did the crowd in the movie theater. Its at IMAX, I saw it in sf at the one on Van Ness. Its only in theaters tomorrow though!

Lol, yeah they sing it and so did the crowd in the movie theater. Its at IMAX, I saw it in sf at the one on Van Ness. Its only in theaters tomorrow though!

Tomorrow as in a Wednesday? I have a pilot meeting and I can't miss that.

Why would it only be in theaters for one day in the middle of the week?

Tomorrow as in a Wednesday? I have a pilot meeting and I can't miss that.

Why would it only be in theaters for one day in the middle of the week?

Because no one wants to see it? :rolleyes:

Bad acting punctuated by an inaccurate Hollywood story line. .... Maybe I don't like is because I have seen it 10 times? :lol:

It's just a Valentine's Day ploy to get you to go see it and spend money. A commercial date idea, so to speak.

But what the eff, man?? It's only in theaters on Thursday? Crap! I really wanted to go see it this weekend!

Bad acting punctuated by an inaccurate Hollywood story line. .... Maybe I don't like is because I have seen it 10 times? :lol:

What? Are you saying that having a flameout and entering a flat spin over the mountains, and then punching out and landing in the ocean, isn't geographically accurate? :dunno:

great entertainment movie.

1986 was a banner year for movies (Ferris Bueller, Aliens, Top Gun, Croc Dundee, etc)

I have to confess, I grew up loving that film too. I read this book recently and did a review on it here : http://iflyblog.com/2012/12/10/iflyblog-com-book-club-december-2012-top-gun-days/

If you loved the movie you should read this book.

So the other night I was on the phone with this local guy who might want a safety pilot one day. He is in his 20's and flies out of an aiprort near me.

We swapped pilot stories and were all set to meet with his friend at an EAA meeting, he can't go until April now.

All because he found my site through your site! I didn't put two and two together until today, scrolled down, and there I am on your page.

I will link to you too. I don't think you even told me you did that!!!

So... I don't like that movie... I've seen it too much. Isn't that like saying a restaurant won't be successful because its always too busy? :rofl:

Ive seen it dozens of times. I watched it so much when I was a little kid I broke 2 VHS tapes of it.

I went and saw it Friday Night and I was the happiest teen on the planet for that 2 hours. Seeing it on the big screen with the surround sound was awesome.

The 3-D was not overly done like some people feared it would be. I found it just added a bit more depth really it was not noticeable at some points.

talktomegooseimage.jpg

"Talk to me, Goose."
http://store.glennz.com/talktomegoose.html

Last edited:
Perhaps, but at least Transformers doesn't try to even be plausible.

i actually offered to go see it with leah. she is a big fan. i'm more like ed. she decided not to go, i was amazed

Who cares if it was accurate or not. The movie puts you in the driver's seat of an F14 pretty well.

Its called entertainment, not a documentary.

I don't go to the movies to learn, I go to sit fat dumb and happy and escape the real world and live in the reel world for a while.

I don't go to the movies to learn either, but at least make an effort to get something right if it's not a sci-fi movie.

Back