Top 6 small airports in Southern California

Agua Dulce was bought by the Spears family, the one that ran a NASCAR team for years. They did alot of improvements so its still a nice airport. They used to have a monthly BBQ flyin in the summers but that stopped about a year or two ago.

They seem to have been connected to the Warbird and Movie crowd also. Shooting dogfights up there I think was part of getting the ‘locals’ up in arms. I did the monthly BBQ once. They advertised it out to the Motorcycle community which is how I heard about it and rode there. The ‘scooters’ showin up probably helped in getting the neighbors excited.

The canyon between Agua Dulce and just South of the freeway was where they filmed The helicopter scenes from M*A*S*H and some of the overland scenes from "Black Sheep Squadron."

Yes, they seem to do alot of filming there. I've recoginized in it several commercials over the years, typically car commercials when they need a runway to look fast on.

Agua Dulce was bought by the Spears family, the one that ran a NASCAR team for years. They did alot of improvements so its still a nice airport. They used to have a monthly BBQ flyin in the summers but that stopped about a year or two ago.

The "monthly BBQ" is a sad way to remember that there used to be a very good restaurant on the field that they killed.

Back