Too much speed then too little

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy

Hopefully this will post here. Possibly a student but maybe not. Starts to go a bit sideways and firewalls and and things go downhill from there.
https://www.reddit.com/r/****tyaskf...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

That gives new meaning to the word go around

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hmmm... let me get this procedure down:

1) try to take off with partial power
2) pull up on yoke and lose directional stability
3) full power and beer to the right
4) experience (briefly) the wonders of bush plane flying
5) use both hands on the yoke to turn away from the upcoming immovable object while yelling “whoa!”
6) experience the sudden deceleration of impacting a hangar

It may be only me, but I think tearing this page out of the lesson plan may be a good idea...

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 12.18.15 PM.png

What I get. I think I know the video, guy lands too fast, it start going sideways, then goes really sideways and ends in a hangar. My worst landing was just too little energy at the wrong time. Expensive lesson, to be sure.

4) experience (briefly) the wonders of bush plane flying
5) use both hands on the yoke to turn away from the upcoming immovable object while yelling “whoa!”
6) experience the sudden deceleration of impacting a hangar

It may be only me, but I think tearing this page out of the lesson plan may be a good idea...

#3 is typically #1 ?

Normally if I'm going full power the beer is in my left hand. Of course, I use my knee to steer with the yoke.

Replace the "****" in the link address with the poopy swear word which has been censored out by the forum

My understanding is this was a student pilot? Initial response of full go around power was probably drummed in. Don’t wrestle a bad landing into a worse landing. Unfortunately that wasn’t helpful in this specific situation. His “bad landing” was already doomed. Cut power and ride out what is left.

Trying to ‘steer’ the plane on the ground with the yoke seems a little funky.

Yes we watch it unfold, but why do many feel the need to record everything? Without the video it may be easier to face his friends the next day.

Yes we watch it unfold, but why do many feel the need to record everything? Without the video it may be easier to face his friends the next day.
Recording it is one thing. Not destroying the recording is what makes no sense. Lol

I was thinking about this. So what’s the chance the flight school has a camera in the plane??? I can’t imagine he would have recorded and posted this on his own. I get that people do stupid stuff.

I was thinking about this. So what’s the chance the flight school has a camera in the plane??? I can’t imagine he would have recorded and posted this on his own. I get that people do stupid stuff.

Unfortunately the urge to “go viral” and/or become an “internet sensation” outstripped common sense or decency a long time ago.

Fortunately no one was standing outside the hangar in his path...

Back