too awesome!

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
I pull into my airport parking lot for this evening's lesson, haven't even turned my car off yet when I get a call from my instructor. conversation went something like this:

him: hey, <guy who runs the airport> needs to fly his Bo up to Twin Lakes to get some work done, you wanna do that instead of our planned lesson?

me: um

him: yeah, you'll fly with him in his Bo, I'll follow you in the cherokee then you'll fly all of us back.

me: uh, like, I can't think of any reason why that wouldn't be totally awesome. what's it gonna cost me?

him: nuthin, we're kind of doing him a favor, no charge.

me: uh, hellz yeah, let's do it!

so we fuel up and go. it's about a 44nm trip, my first time ever in a Bonanza. I don't really have to explain it to you owners and peeps that have been in one before, but holy @#$&! this thing is fast. at one point we were flying at 175kt ground speed! needless to say, that plane is awesome. I flew us back, starting with a short field takeoff, held my altitude and heading just fine, and although it took us 18 minutes to get there, it took .9 on the hobbs on the way back, seemed like forever but an AWESOME experience with pilotage (no gps in the cherokee). just a great great great time (probably boring as sht for those two lol).

ok, enough yapping, here's a bunch of pics from the 'trip'. enjoy!

Attachments

• bo1.jpg
    bo1.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 93
  • bo2.jpg
    bo2.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 81
  • bo6.jpg
    bo6.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 88
  • bo7.jpg
    bo7.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 91
  • takeoff.jpg
    takeoff.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 79
  • gps1.jpg
    gps1.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 86
  • wingview.jpg
    wingview.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 80
  • landing1.jpg
    landing1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 80
Nice pics!

This is why I recommended you train at wilgrove and not a big flight school... Better experiences at a part 61 mom n pop operation.

8a7 is a neat place. It should be old hat to you as wilgrove is similar

Yes once you have tasted 150kt+ airplanes you will never go back. Unless its a rag and tube taildragger.

Last edited:
who are you and what did you do with the frustrated ready to quit student?

A36 Bo's a great airplanes. Good for you to have a great flying experience today!!

who are you and what did you do with the frustrated ready to quit student?

A36 Bo's a great airplanes. Good for you to have a great flying experience today!!

aggie...honestly...you were part of my "I'm gonna quit" thread......of all the advice (awesome advice) that was given on that thread, what I came out with, and would pass on to anyone else who's in the same boat or will soon be in that boat.......is simply to STICK WITH IT......you WILL overcome whatever's troubling you, sooner or later. now don't get me wrong, I've had TWO good landings since that post, but two AWESOME landings that prove I can do it. I'm sure I'll have some setbacks, but you WILL get rewarded by working thru the tough times and setbacks.

but yeah, I'll post my video of my solo soon, you can see two GREASERS with one horrible landing in between.

I bummed my first ride in a Bonanza in a somewhat similar way. I had just finished flying some Young Eagles, and one of the instructors I'd worked with wandered over and asked if I wanted to go down to Crisfield in a Bonanza. I was like "um YES" and off we went! At this point I hadn't been in anything more substantial than a 100 hp light sport (though I've now spend some time as PIC in the comparatively massive 172), so the takeoff actually felt like something. He used the autopilot (what's that again??) on the way down, but I took off and flew the leg back from the right seat. Pretty cool! And faaaast...methinks I might own one some day :). Some day a long ways off.... :(

He has the best arrangement ever...he gives his former professor free instruction in return for being named on the insurance, which doesn't cost anyone anything because my instructor as a former airline pilot is more experienced than his former professor. Soooo he gets to exercise a gorgeous 1969 E33A Bonanza whenever the other guy doesn't need it. That's the way to make flying affordable!

I was in a plane that only did 155 Kts and compared to the old 172's I fly that felt like rocket speed. Sounds like you had a good trip and I can tell you are back in the game 100% now!

Do all the 36 & 35's have the big double doors like that?

What about the 33's?

I always keep a paper bag with a couple eye-holes in my flight bag for situations like this. I wouldn't want anyone to see me getting in or out of a Bo.

I always keep a paper bag with a couple eye-holes in my flight bag for situations like this. I wouldn't want anyone to see me getting in or out of a Bo.

No worries, the Bonanza folks get there before the Comanche folks do. You'll already be out of the plane and gone before any of the Comanche crowd arrives to see you in it. :D

No worries, the Bonanza folks get there before the Comanche folks do. You'll already be out of the plane and gone before any of the Comanche crowd arrives to see you in it. :D

You know the difference between a Bo and a porcupine right? :D

You know the difference between a Bo and a porcupine right? :D

one is an awesome plane and the other is covered in Bo-haters, more commonly known as a bunch of pricks?

haha, sorry, felt like I had to jab back. :)

I don't hate the Bo, I just find it funny how everything else becomes a piece of **** that spends 187% of its time in the maintenance shop after the papers are signed.

I don't hate the Bo, I just find it funny how everything else becomes a piece of **** that spends 187% of its time in the maintenance shop after the papers are signed.

Everything else :dunno:, what about a T-Bone, Barron, King Air, Duke, Starship etc.. ? :D And 187% is a lot of time, A Skymaster is the only plane I can think of that spends 187% of it's time in the shop. Everything else is roughly 158.9%.

Back