Too aggressive with red knob

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
This one got a little too hot. Thinking a light hone/new rings
and and it will be good to go.
Only remaining question is, mineral or PhillipsXC for the break-in.
Cylinder overtemp.jpg

We have it on good authority from well qualified PoA'er that this should fix you right up:

This one got a little too hot. Thinking a light hone/new rings
and and it will be good to go.
Only remaining question is, mineral or PhillipsXC for the break-in.
View attachment 51069

What are we even looking at here? Cylinders have valves and spark plugs at one end and open on the other. I've never seen a cylinder with a line running through it.

That is a cylinder with piston. Piston has wrist pin and remains of connecting rod. The connecting rod came from together for no apparent reason obviously.

I think if you dump half a can of barkeeper's friend in the oil and run it for half an hour or so it'll be good to tbo.

That is a cylinder with piston. Piston has wrist pin and remains of connecting rod. The connecting rod came from together for no apparent reason obviously.

Ah, that makes sense. What looked to me like a hexagonal connector is actually what's left of the sheared off connecting rod. Thanks.

JB weld, dremel, and an EXPERIMENTAL sticker is all I need to get it airborne again. Screw a bunch of regs. Pansies.

What in the world happened to the block to make the cylinder that shape? It looks like it was buried and partially crushed.

But a lack of one may have

Labels.jpg The rest of the story:
I was cleaning out a field with a bunch of junk I had 'stored'. A fire had gone through the pasture 6 years ago and over heated some items there. Thought of you guys when I saw this. It is a B&S mower engine. Beside it were puddles of aluminum (metallurgists among us will immediately know the min temp of this conflagration)
:)

I would go with mineral-you don't want to risk glazing up that fine honing job you have there...and those D shaped rings are getting harder to come by...

7214525854_733237dd83_z.jpg

Back