Tom's OTS

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Christmas Eve I demonstrated a very poor double back flip off a icy porch step. tonight I'm heavily medicated and will seek the Dr's help. because I can't walk, standing is out of the question.

Have you already seen any docs or EMS type folks?

Eesh, sounds awful! Godspeed on the recovery. Hopefully just inflamation and nothing more serious preventing you from standing or walking.

I'm off drugs today, it is bearable to set and stand, as long as I don't try to move too much I can walk as long as I don't take long steps or lean over.

thanks for the well wishes.

We should take a vote, might have to put him down :(

Hope you are feeling better soon Tom....get well!!!:yes:

this place is boring without you....:stirpot:

We should take a vote, might have to put him down :(
believe me, I'm already way down.
I had an annual scheduled for tomorrow, he just got the call to find some one else. I hate doing that.

I am still doing therapy on my shoulder for a pinched nerve in my neck when I fell almost two months ago. Starting to regain the feeling in my left index finger.

Hope you feel better soon. Its no fun.

What did the Dr. tell you..?? Besides it hurts..??

I am still doing therapy on my shoulder for a pinched nerve in my neck when I fell almost two months ago. Starting to regain the feeling in my left index finger.

Hope you feel better soon. Its no fun.

What did the Dr. tell you..?? Besides it hurts..??
"only long term solution is back surgery" I'me not sure I want to go there yet.

Christmas Eve I demonstrated a very poor double back flip off a icy porch step. tonight I'm heavily medicated and will seek the Dr's help. because I can't walk, standing is out of the question.

The last time I did that, I cracked some ribs. For about a month, it was like someone stabbed me every time I coughed, sneezed, hiccupped, or even took a deep breath. Ice and stairs are to be respected.

The last time I did that, I cracked some ribs. For about a month, it was like someone stabbed me every time I coughed, sneezed, hiccupped, or even took a deep breath. Ice and stairs are to be respected.
99% of my pain is in the little hard spot of my back in my lower right side.

Best wishes Tom. Falls are one of the worst types of accidents. Us old f-rts don't need to be doing that.

This is a remarkable post though. It is the only "Tom-D" post I've seen in ages where no one was jumping on Tom!!

99% of my pain is in the little hard spot of my back in my lower right side.

Get a second opinion from the big city, maybe starting with a very good physical therapist. Backwater Washington doctors are real eager to go back surgery imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get a second opinion from the big city, maybe starting with a very good physical therapist. Backwater Washington doctors are real eager to go back surgery imo

if it comes to that, it won't be local, UW maybe.

My mom had three of them (back surgery). Look at all your options first. Once you go down that road, it could be a long journey.
I've had back problems most of my life after 1965, when I dislocated it.

I've had back problems most of my life after 1965, when I dislocated it.
I am not questioning your knowledge or experience, but I know there have been some new technologies or advances in this area. My mom had a couple of vertebrae fused, but that put pressure on other vertebrae, and so on. I am far from an expert, but had to watch my mom go through it.

I am not questioning your knowledge or experience, but I know there have been some new technologies or advances in this area. My mom had a couple of vertebrae fused, but that put pressure on other vertebrae, and so on. I am far from an expert, but had to watch my mom go through it.
I know there have been great advances, we'll do our home work

Get better quick. Keep us posted. I have people at U-Dub.

"only long term solution is back surgery" I'me not sure I want to go there yet.

I don't blame you. I have been whittled on a few times and I don't like it anymore.

I have a Chiropractor appointment today, a different one than I have been going to. Still fighting that pinched nerve problem in my neck. This guy is Asian and I hope acupuncture will take care of it.

Huge debt of gratitude, to north Whidbey ambulance service, and ER staff at Whidbey hospital this morning.
I simply couldn't get out of bed because of the pain in my back. X-rays show no broken bones, but a sever contusion of spine.
now on good drugs
1f642.png
:) at home and this is where I will be for 3-6 weeks
Dr. doesn't advise surgery , simply work thru it. while It heals.

That X 1000!!

Had a family member go through some stuff up there, after all there is a reason us medevacs do so many inter facility transfers.

Some band aid stations just don't know when to through in the towl and push someone up the stream to a higher level of care.

UW, Swedish, harbor view, all day long.

That X 1000!!

Had a family member go through some stuff up there, after all there is a reason us medevacs do so many inter facility transfers.

Some band aid stations just don't know when to through in the towl and push someone up the stream to a higher level of care.

UW, Swedish, harbor view, all day long.
No surgery need .

No surgery need .

Just saying in general, if it's something that even could be something, you don't want to trust those little drive through style joints

Get well soon Tom!

I hit my shin on a trailer hitch one time that caused a huge contusion. It hurt more than when I broke my leg in 3 places....:eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back