Today's meal will be...

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
...phlegmburgers and snot dogs. Ugh, I have never had so much pressure in my head. Any clearing of the ears or cough results in a feeling that my eyes are going to blow out the front of my skull and two balloons are being inflated in my neck and crushing my spine. Along with the constant flow of my sinuses draining directly into my stomach, this ruined my week, and weekend.

To make it aviation related, I had to cancel my trip to MWC this weekend to watch the Brewers-Cubs game at Miller Park, because there is no way I could stand any pressure change during climbout.

I thought about just inhaling a serrano puree. :eek:

Yuck.. I had that in Iowa last weekend. Rachel is fighting chest congestion right now and apparently our in-laws got the head cold stuff after we left town.

Drink 'till it doesn't hurt anymore. :D

ugh - happens to me about once a year.

Couple days ago I was driving home and got a lung-full of freshly splattered skunk. That cleared my sinuses, wow.

Neti Pot! Seriously. When I was last in Winston-Salem, I felt so horrible, I wanted to die.

Net Pot, a good draining of the greenest snot I've ever seen (and a whole lot of it too), and I felt great for like 45 minutes.

Repeat every hour or so, and you'll feel great. Its so worth the $20 or so man. I am not a hippie either.

Sorry to hear that ED. That type of stuff really stinks.

Head over to the drugstore and get yourself one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Neilmed-Sinus-Rinse-Kit-Pack/dp/B001H54VP2

Use it in the shower with some nice warm water and it can really help your sinus feel better by getting a bunch of the crap out of there.

You know, Scott... those things must really work because it is unbelievable how many of them we sell at my work! And the refill kits. :eek: People actually get grumpy if they have to wait an extra day until our next order comes in... we are often sold out on the shelves AND the couple we keep behind the counter also! :rolleyes2:

Feel better soon, Ed... :( you will have to watch the game on TV this weekend. :(

Last edited:
whatever you went to the New Mexico Burning Man

LOL! Ashamedly, I must confess, this is true.

But before I went to the Burning of Zozobra, I was not a hippie in any way shape or form, and I fell in love with my Neti Pot.

You know, Scott... those things must really work because it is unbelievable how many of them we sell at my work! And the refill kits. :eek: People actually get grumpy if they have to wait an extra day until our next order comes in... we are often sold out on the shelves AND the couple we keep behind the counter also! :rolleyes2:

Feel better soon, Ed... :( you will have to watch the game on TV this weekend. :(
They do work and I also netti pot.

I started with the netti about 10 years ago and upgraded to the sinus rinse spray this past winter. I love it.

Drink 'till it doesn't hurt anymore. :D

Pour 2 inches of your favorite bourbon into a No. 2 Washtub and sip until it's all gone.

imgres

Problem solved......
Until you wake up.

Attachments

• tub.jpg
    tub.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 0
Sorry to hear that ED. That type of stuff really stinks.

Head over to the drugstore and get yourself one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Neilmed-Sinus-Rinse-Kit-Pack/dp/B001H54VP2

Use it in the shower with some nice warm water and it can really help your sinus feel better by getting a bunch of the crap out of there.

Neti Pot! Seriously. When I was last in Winston-Salem, I felt so horrible, I wanted to die.

Net Pot, a good draining of the greenest snot I've ever seen (and a whole lot of it too), and I felt great for like 45 minutes.

Repeat every hour or so, and you'll feel great. Its so worth the $20 or so man. I am not a hippie either.

Scott and Nick have the answer. I can't take decongestants so believe it or not I use Wasabi or Chinese mustard but I love my Neti Pot. I got the cheapo Walgreens brand and it seems to work well. I only use 1/2 packet of the saline solution cause a full one will burn my nostrils too much.

I have no experience with the spray that Scott posted but I suspect its the same just with more pressure going in. Actually it was Scott that turned me on to the Neti Pot ( never heard of it before) two years ago on the hay ride at 6Y9er. My head was all clogged he told me about it and I got it when I got home. Damn good stuff.

I have no experience with the spray that Scott posted but I suspect its the same just with more pressure going in. Actually it was Scott that turned me on to the Neti Pot ( never heard of it before) two years ago on the hay ride at 6Y9er. My head was all clogged he told me about it and I got it when I got home. Damn good stuff.
Glad you are enjoying the netti.

The thing I showed earlier in this thread is a plastic bottle that you squeeze. It helps to get some of the saline a little deeper into the sinus. The netti only gets sinus maximilaris' while the bottle can get stuff up and into the frontal sinus'.

Take some milk and purposely drink it wrong to where it'll come out your nose

Like this??

[jesse] 9:09 pm: Nick
[jesse] 9:09 pm: It's easy.
[jesse] 9:09 pm: Having ear pressure problems?
[jesse] 9:10 pm: This is gonna sound weird..But this is how I always do it--gets rid of it instantly
[jesse] 9:10 pm: Take some milk..and purposely drink it wrong to where it'll come out your nose... you can use any liquid really
[jesse] 9:10 pm: that change in pressure releases it instantly for me...
[SkyHog] 9:10 pm: I don't know that I can do that, Jesse
[SkyHog] 9:11 pm: yeah - though - only one ear, the tube is pressurized
[jesse] 9:11 pm: I asked a doctor about it once..he told me some reason about why it works--to hell if i remember it though
[jesse] 9:11 pm: yeah. just drink and kinda snort at the same time
[SkyHog] 9:12 pm: I only have spoiled milk in the fridge
[SkyHog] 9:12 pm: will water work?
[jesse] 9:13 pm: yeah
[jesse] 9:13 pm: i use water or milk cuz it hurts less
[jesse] 9:13 pm: but i've done pop before too
[SkyHog] 9:14 pm: unfortunately, when my ears pressurize, I am constantly reminded that I was a moron as a teen and played my guitar standing
in front of my amp on stage at full volume many many times
[jesse] 9:14 pm: tilt your head back..drink..and snort
[SkyHog] 9:15 pm: if you're *BLEEP* ng with me, Jesse, I'm going to kick your ass at Gastons.
[jesse] 9:15 pm: no im serious
[jesse] 9:15 pm: do you think im that big of an ass
[SkyHog] 9:15 pm: lol
[Tristar] 9:15 pm: he said it not me
[SkyHog] 9:15 pm: heh - I'm just playing around, Jesse. No need to get defensive....
[SkyHog] 9:16 pm: or is there....
[SkyHog] 9:16 pm:
[jesse] 9:16 pm: nah
[jesse] 9:16 pm: don't do it--have your ears hurt all day- i dont care
[SkyHog] 9:17 pm: while it didn't work, I see what you mean, Jesse
[SkyHog] 9:18 pm: the right ear is really clear now
[jesse] 9:18 pm: hm
[SkyHog] 9:18 pm: left ear is still *BLEEP* d up. I suspect maybe I have an ear infection.
[jesse] 9:18 pm: how much did you try
[SkyHog] 9:18 pm: I did it 4 times. The last one still hurts.
[jesse] 9:18 pm: you do realize..i totally *BLEEP* ng made that up
[Tristar] 9:18 pm: nick are you serious
[jesse] 9:18 pm: i figured it might work though..and you'd make a good test dummy
[Tristar] 9:18 pm: haven't you taken enough showers to know what water will do if you snort it
[jesse] 9:19 pm: tris..will you protect me at gastons?
[SkyHog] 9:19 pm: you may be onto something though Jesse, the right ear feels better. Maybe something to do with gagging and coughing
simultaenously??
[Tristar] 9:19 pm: LOL hey you're on your own buddy....you started it
[SkyHog] 9:19 pm: bastard.
[jesse] 9:20 pm: lmfao
[jesse] 9:20 pm: did you actually do it
[jesse] 9:20 pm: ..and does it work?
[SkyHog] 9:20 pm: my throat hurts so bad right now
[SkyHog] 9:20 pm: I did do it. And I could feel the same feeling you feel when you depressurize your ears.
[Tristar] 9:20 pm: nick you're such a gulla bull
[jesse] 9:20 pm: i am a genius
[SkyHog] 9:21 pm: but that might have been wishful thinking too. I'll try it again when I have both ears pressurized

They do work and I also netti pot.

I started with the netti about 10 years ago and upgraded to the sinus rinse spray this past winter. I love it.

I got the pot, problem is by the time I end up using it (I'm not a daily user) I'm so stuffed up that usually at least one side of my nose is completely plugged, so the pot doesn't work so well. I think the spray bottle would be better - They also sell spray cans at most drugstores - Just be sure it's the isotonic variety! I accidentally bought a hypertonic spray can once. BURN! :hairraise:

I find that if I mix the packets that came with the pot with the correct amount of water, it's just right. Aaaah. :)

I got the pot, problem is by the time I end up using it (I'm not a daily user) I'm so stuffed up that usually at least one side of my nose is completely plugged, so the pot doesn't work so well. I think the spray bottle would be better - They also sell spray cans at most drugstores - Just be sure it's the isotonic variety! I accidentally bought a hypertonic spray can once. BURN! :hairraise:

I find that if I mix the packets that came with the pot with the correct amount of water, it's just right. Aaaah. :)

I've actually found that even if blocked, with enough attempts, it will clear you out, and then it feels even better, because the block is gone too.

Back