Today's episode of YGTBSM

reminds me of these old commercials

I remember watching that commercial as a kid.

At the time, I lived in... wait for it...

New York City.

"The lawsuit said White wouldn’t have bought the Louisiana-style hot sauce, or would not have paid as much for it if he knew its origin."

But a Louisiana style hot sauce made in Texas would be fine with the plaintiff??? I'm sorry but people like this make forced sterilization seem like a grand idea....

..I agree the lawsuit is silly, but the name is a bit misleading. If you learned that North American Aircraft Company was actually south American, or even European, that would be a little misleading too, no? Boston RedSox but they're actually a Kansas team ..

GUEST_2d44f2ae-bd40-4a3f-93fd-1fa746e9dff6

..I agree the lawsuit is silly, but the name is a bit misleading. If you learned that North American Aircraft Company was actually south American, or even European, that would be a little misleading too, no? Boston RedSox but they're actually a Kansas team ..

poor comparison. your example implies the actual company is north american. the hot sauce name makes zero indication the actual sauce is from texas. if there is any implication at all, it's that pete, whoever he may be, has some correlation to texas. two completely different things that any idiot could distinguish. uh, or maybe not, based on the lawsuit.

poor comparison. your example implies the actual company is north american. the hot sauce name makes zero indication the actual sauce is from texas. if there is any implication at all, it's that pete, whoever he may be, has some correlation to texas. two completely different things that any idiot could distinguish. uh, or maybe not, based on the lawsuit.
Initially I couldn't be bothered to read the article.. but now I did. Agree, it's total BS.

I was at a restaurant once and asked about their Chilean Sea Bass. Specifically, whether it's the actual species (Patagonian Toothfish), or just a regular sea bass from Chile. I never got a straight answer.

Take it to court. Let it go on and then throw it out of court and make Mr. Sue happy pay all court costs.

this just in: Moon Pies not made on the moon

And Mountain Dew is not made in the Mountains.

The original Mountain Dew commercials had Pappy and a still. :D

They also do not fit the dictionary definition of pie.

Maybe pie is different on the moon. But then, they're not from the actual Moon.

I'm still hacked about French Fries. And French Toast. Where is Texas Toast made? Nuts, I'll be hearing the voices all night now.

Are there any crackers in Cracker Jack? Is Pepper really a doctor?

As joey would say, "Come on man! Here's the deal ..."

Even better was their admittedly first choice.

From the Texas Pete website:

When Sam Garner and his three sons, Thad, Ralph and Harold, were trying to come up with a brand name for this spicy new sauce they had created, a marketing advisor suggested the name “Mexican Joe” to connote the piquant flavor reminiscent of the favorite foods of our neighbors to the south.

“Nope!” said the patriarch of the Garner family. “It’s got to have an American name!”

https://texaspete.com/about/

actually yes. The drink was named after the father of a girl the inventor was not allowed to date.
Thank you Paul Harvey and the rest of the story.

Cool stuff ... did not know that!

Speaking of the French, is Stewart French even French?

upload_2022-10-11_17-41-5.png

Even better was their admittedly first choice.

From the Texas Pete website:

When Sam Garner and his three sons, Thad, Ralph and Harold, were trying to come up with a brand name for this spicy new sauce they had created, a marketing advisor suggested the name “Mexican Joe” to connote the piquant flavor reminiscent of the favorite foods of our neighbors to the south.

“Nope!” said the patriarch of the Garner family. “It’s got to have an American name!”

https://texaspete.com/about/
Hmm..... https://pricedrightsales.com/produc...sauce-hot-af-12-oz-jar-hot-spicy-flavor-81694

Boston RedSox but they're actually a Kansas team ..
The Sox play in Fenway. However, the Atlanta Braves play in Cumberland and the LA Angels play in Anaheim, both 1 county over. Also, the New York Giants/Jets are from a different state (New Jersey) and the San Francisco 49'ers are based in Santa Clara (2 counties over).

actually yes. The drink was named after the father of a girl the inventor was not allowed to date.
Thank you Paul Harvey and the rest of the story.

FYI.. The modern version of Paul Harvey 'Rest of the Story' is Mike Rowe's "How I heard it..." podcast. It's pretty darn good.

What kind doctor is Dr. Pepper?

He's a fizzician!

In all seriousness, anyone in the US can sue for anything at any time so long as they have the necessary resources to deal with the courts. Not worth getting bent out of shape over. I once heard that the vast majority of frivolous lawsuits were filed by prison inmates who truly have nothing better to do.

For Texas Pete, they are very clear on their website how the brand name was created (in 1929). I'm sure the lamer plaintiff doesn't believe "Texas Pete Eastern North Carolina BBQ Sauce" is made in Texas, right?

If the hot sauce is as bad as Carolina barbeque sauce is, then I would say he has a strong case.

Them's fightin' words. If you don't like it, that's fine, you can suffer with sweet gloppy sauce on your grilled meat.

Back