Today's agenda for my accelerated IR training

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Started the accelerated training slowly last week. Had long XC on Sunday the 11th. Used Elite simulator M,W, Th with an instructor. Ground and Elite sim on Friday due to icing conditions (snow in May? Jeez). Saturday am, plane had flat. Could only get 1.5 hours in. Did 3 missed approaches. Ferried plane for 100 hour Sunday. Simmed with CFI in afternoon. Picked up plane with CFI yesterday and did 4 missed approaches. Had to call it quits due to convective Sigmets north west of us. Lightning very close that surprised us, so we headed home.

Today, son is going with CFI for an hour. Then the three of us are flying from KPWK to KLAF; KLAF to keye; keye to Monticello IN; Monticello to KMDW; KMDW to KPWK. Should be a fun day!

Keep it up lookalike you should have no problem on the ride.

Definitely want an after action report. I don't think I can do a IFR training unless its an accelerated but Im worried about leaning enough in that time

Recap of today:

ATC vectored us to 6,000 over ORD - Were supposed to go on publicshed SP. Went from KPWK to KLAF. Did a missed approach at KLAF. Hand flew whole way. KLAF to KEYE - non towered. learned transitioning form ATC Approach controllers to CTAF Advisory work. Learned to closed Flight Plan on ground. Learned didfferent take off procedures there. Then to Monticello IN, missed, non towerd (again). Then of to MDW. Runway 22L RNAV (GPS) Zulu approach, The side step to 22R.

MARK Z: when controller said best forward speed I laughted. High density altitude in an Archer? To add insult her called us a Warrier. Couild just imagine all the southwest guys rolling their eyes and swearing.

Blast of fun and improving by leaps and bounds Tomorrow Madiosn,Janesville Kenosha.

Sounds like your getting some good stuff. Seems like every 4 hours of IFR instruction I get in my airplane wants to go into the shop for something and put things off. Just happened again for the 5th time yesterday. good luck!!

Sorry about typos in last post. Exhausted when I posted.

Today nailed ILS approaches to MSN and the published holds. Then off after lunch to ENW for the bumpiest ride ever. Felt like Shake and Bake. Did a GPS to their 25 R then VFR to Chicago Exec.

I find that to stay ahead of airplane I have to anticipate and talk myself through every step. Is that normal?

I find that to stay ahead of airplane I have to anticipate and talk myself through every step. Is that normal?

Ya gotta anticipate...learn what is important and have those points covered. Nothing has to be perfect, just within tolerance.

If it helps to verbalize the steps so you and your instructor can hear how you're processing the tasks, by all means do it.

On today's menu....?Another XC. This time to Janesville then Kenosha. Approaches and holds. Then fly into Milwaukee for lunch. After lunch, Kenosha for? You guessed it approaches then holds. My instructor has an interesting saying about getting this rating.....like an onion, you have to shave it off one layer at a time.

Definitely want an after action report. I don't think I can do a IFR training unless its an accelerated but Im worried about leaning enough in that time

I'm finding in retaining a lot by doing it day in day out. Mentally exhausting but highly recommended. I'm sleeping very well at night. Just have your knowledge test done. Maybe work with an instrument instructor before on a sim to get procedures down.

Shot approaches and did published holds at KEUS before doing an ILS at KMKE. Had lunch in Milwaukee, and scrambled to get back to Chgo Exec before the Obamarama TFR kicked in. Finished a great day with an ILS at Exec. Had a bunch of ground as well. Simming tomorrow.

Back