TKM Radio Price

farky

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
farky
I'm in search of a TKM MX11 radio for my plane to replace the old Narco. A lot of them on eBay are listed for $900 to $1,700 for new ones. Is $900 high for a used one or is that just what they go for? Thanks

About right...the 12s are going for a bit more. Be aware TKM doesn't want to repair the old radios, definitely not from ebay, if something goes wrong. They dissuade thru the repair cost. I got my 12 from TKM around 2005, just sent it to the shop. They grouched a bit, but because they sold it to me (altho the previous owners) it's going to get fixed.

Many, if not most, of the original techs retired a couple years ago when the new owner took over.

I'd rather get a new radio or GPS but about $500 to repair vs $6-12K is a HUGE motivation for repair.

I watched auctions for a month or so before picking up a MX170B on eBay. With a little sniping, I was able to get the radio for just over $800 if I remember correctly. Has worked perfectly ever since. When I first bought the plane, I just needed something a little more digital than the KX170b & KX175 combo...lol.

Want to know what something goes for on ebay? Do a search for your item and click the "completed items" button on the left side of the screen.

Back