Tips for Flyinging into Airventure - EAA Webinar 6/11/19 7pm Central

baboss

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Brock Boss
EAA's annual Tips for Flying Into Airventure webinar is tonight (6/11/19) @ 7pm Central.
Register here: http://pages.eaa.org/WBN2019-06-11TipsforFlyingIntoEAAAirVenture2019_LP-Registration.html

"EAA's volunteer NOTAM Chairman Fred Stadler shares some hints and tips for reducing your pilot workload when flying into EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2019. Discussion will highlight the special requirements and procedures of the FAA-issued NOTAM including changes made for this year."

Don't be one of the many "that guy"'s we all have to deal w/ on the arrival this year.

Thanks for the heads up! I just got logged in after signing up earlier. It’ll be my first time flying in.

You don't need a webinar. Get the NOTAM. Read the NOTAM. Follow the NOTAM.

Uhhhh, judging by the amount of moron pilots we experience on the arrival each year I'd say everyone needs to watch the webinar every year. The best part of the webinar is they highlight the changes from previous years.
It's evident there are plenty out there that don't bother to read the NOTAM or think a version of NOTAM from the past suffices. Of course it's silly to think those jack@sses will watch the webinar but the more we put it out there maybe we prevent more arrival pilots from joining the jack@ss group.

& thank @aggie06 for the correct link!

Uhhhh, judging by the amount of moron pilots we experience on the arrival each year I'd say everyone needs to watch the webinar every year. The best part of the webinar is they highlight the changes from previous years.
It's evident there are plenty out there that don't bother to read the NOTAM or think a version of NOTAM from the past suffices. Of course it's silly to think those jack@sses will watch the webinar but the more we put it out there maybe we prevent more arrival pilots from joining the jack@ss group.

& thank @aggie06 for the correct link!
***** all you like, but there has never been a midair at Oshkosh. Even last year, which was the biggest kluster**** I've ever seen. No midairs. Someone is doing something right.

Fair enough-- you don't "need" it but I don't think anyone was suggesting substituting the webinar for the NOTAM -- the webinar is just supplemental info but really good gouge for newbies. I listened to it even though this will be my fifth straight year flying in and simply treat it as another layer in my annual OSH prep. If someone doesn't want it then fine, don't log on.

***** all you like, but there has never been a midair at Oshkosh. Even last year, which was the biggest kluster**** I've ever seen. No midairs. Someone is doing something right.

Actually, there have been at least two midairs, although only one of them involved aircraft flying the arrival procedure. Somewhere between Ripon and Fisk, a Thorp T-18 chewed up the flap and/or aileron of a C170. The 170 made it to the airport, but the T-18 went down in a field near the point of impact. No injuries in the 170, minor injuries in the Thorp, but everybody survived.

Still, an astonishingly good record, considering the huge numbers of airplanes that have flown the procedure over the years.

Back