Tim's Travels

Yuengling is decent, especially on tap. It bridges the gap between the truly terrible Budwater mass consumption brands and craft beers.
Hmm... I always think of Sam Adams in that light. I'll have to see if Yuengling is available around here... though I kind of doubt it.

Hmm... I always think of Sam Adams in that light. I'll have to see if Yuengling is available around here... though I kind of doubt it.

Along the continuum of beer from crap to great, Sam is probably one step better than Yuengling.

Along the continuum of beer from crap to great, Sam is probably one step better than Yuengling.

I agree, except I really don't care for the Boston Lager original. However, Sam Adams is still more "craft" than it is "big beer". Yuengling is the largest American-owned brewery I believe, but they really don't distribute much outside of PA/OH/DC that I'm aware of.

I agree, except I really don't care for the Boston Lager original. However, Sam Adams is still more "craft" than it is "big beer". Yuengling is the largest American-owned brewery I believe, but they really don't distribute much outside of PA/OH/DC that I'm aware of.
I'm pretty sure I've seen Yuengling at BevMo in San Diego.

I'm driving across Highway 22 between Cambridge and Steubenville this morning. A squirrelly Mountaln Road that I run almost every day. And I passed by a side road that I'd never noticed before. "Limerick Ridge Road" it was named. And that elicited the following:

The hills of Eastern Ohio,
Not very conducive for Aero.
If the engine ever quit
you'd be up that Creek named ****
filling your pants as you look out the window

I hope my humor isn't too sophisticated for the masses here

That's because you're not in THIS part of Ohio!

(I see 22 runs near you though)

They have porcupines up here! Been seeing them dead on the road and a few live ones too. I don't recall ever seeing them when I worked over in the Cleveland area and we don't have those spiny little bastards where I live in the southern part of the midwest.

It looks like this is about the southern extent of their range.

I wonder what keeps them from migrating farther down...do they know about southern recipes?

They have porcupines up here! Been seeing them dead on the road and a few live ones too. I don't recall ever seeing them when I worked over in the Cleveland area and we don't have those spiny little bastards where I live in the southern part of the midwest.
That's interesting, since I lived in Michigan virtually my whole life and never saw any. Hiking in Vermont, I've seen several in the last two years, they're apparently common as heck up here.

Coming south out of Columbus early last Saturday and saw an Ag Cat taking off from a grass strip that paralleled I-71. Hadn't noticed that strip before as I was blowing through town over the last few months. So I glanced over at my iPad...which was running navigation on google maps and saw the attached.
John has a great sense of humor! :goofy:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
Coming south out of Columbus early last Saturday and saw an Ag Cat taking off from a grass strip that paralleled I-71. Hadn't noticed that strip before as I was blowing through town over the last few months. So I glanced over at my iPad...which was running navigation on google maps and saw the attached.
John has a great sense of humor! :goofy:

I have driven by that field more times than I care to remember and have NEVER seen any form of aircraft there. I think the building to the south is a hangar but not certain of that.

@tmyers...I don't know if it made the news in your area but...

I also got hung up in the accident early Saturday as I was blasting into Cincy. A truck came off of the 275 overpass and landed on top of a car that was southbound on 71. One of the two worst crashes I've ever seen. The car was an unrecognizable smoldering black heap of nothing when I passed by. The truck was rolled up in a ball against a bridge buttress with its undercarriage towards the traffic.

Freakin' nasty.

Both ladies in the car were killed (may they rest in peace). The lady driving the truck was ejected before it came off of the overpass and had only minor injuries.

I hadn't heard about that, sounds nasty for sure. I was locked up in the house working on a project in somerset KY, this damn thing is gonna make an old man of me.

I have driven by that field more times than I care to remember and have NEVER seen any form of aircraft there. I think the building to the south is a hangar but not certain of that.
I used to pass that all the time on my regular trips to Cincinnati. I have never seen a plane flying out of there either. Agreed, John has a sense of humor!

Back