Timeframe to receive student pilot certificate

FutureFly

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
FutureFly
Applied for student pilot certification beginning of June of this year. Given the additional delays imposed due to the pandemic, what is an actual timeframe to receive a student pilot certificate these days?

A week for the temp, three weeks for the plastic.

I have received mine after approx 2 months - what’s the rush, is it for solo? In this case you can apply for a temporarily one which is what I have done - my instructor helped me - if that’s the case let me know and I’ll check what was it exactly that he has done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No rush.. just courious. Still waiting on some authorization flight test paperwork to come back from CAMI after several months as well. Wasn’t sure it same delays affecting both. We receive the student pilot card in the mail correct?

Yes in the mail. If you need it quick for your solo - it’s double with a temp but waiting for the “plastic” takes time nowadays

Yes in the mail. If you need it quick for your solo - it’s double with a temp but waiting for the “plastic” takes time nowadays

Thank you for the info and prompt reply!

No worries. Cheers

So, I missed it. When did the student pilot certificate get its own card? And what is required to get one?

It used to be going and getting your class III doubled as a student certificate and all you had to do was pass the class III medical.

So, doing some research it turns out this changed back in 2016. For others who may not be as up to date on this as I was here is the link to the updated student pilot certificate. https://www.faa.gov/pilots/become/student_cert I figure it might become important if we get our current certs revoked and have to start from scratch again.

So, I missed it. When did the student pilot certificate get its own card? And what is required to get one?

It used to be going and getting your class III doubled as a student certificate and all you had to do was pass the class III medical.

So, doing some research it turns out this changed back in 2016. For others who may not be as up to date on this as I was here is the link to the updated student pilot certificate. https://www.faa.gov/pilots/become/student_cert I figure it might become important if we get our current certs revoked and have to start from scratch again.
I had this question, also. Thanks.

Years ago shortly after I passed my checkride we had a gov shutdown and the temporary certificate I got from the examiner was expiring. I called the FAA and they extended it, I had paperwork for an extended temporary certificate(I may be botching the terminology but you know what I mean) in a couple of days.

Anyway, if time is running out I suggest calling the FAA's airman certification branch and explaining the situation. They'll probably mail you an extension.

Back