Time for a new rule?

I shouldn't comment to the owner that they're over pricing their aircraft but I should be able to say that I don't care for SR20s because I don't like parachutes.
In the classifieds? Why should you be able to and why would you even want to?

Nauga,
and right but no ability to remain silent

I do not mind the AOA posts so much now that they're in classifieds. Before he was posting under false pretenses claiming he was only posting "educational" material...

But I do wonder if there a limit to how many times you can sell the same thing in the classifieds. Can I post the same thing once a week, once a day, once an hour, or once a minute? There must be a line somewhere.

As far as moderation of replies, the classifieds don't even really need the ability to post a reply at all.

In the classifieds? Why should you be able to and why would you even want to?

Nauga,
and right but no ability to remain silent

Because I wouldn't be commenting on that seller's particular product. Saying that I don't care for SR20s because of a parachute, has no negative implications in the seller's ability to advertise his/her plane. Just an opinion on that model of aircraft.

Now, if I were to say their aircraft is way over priced (value), that should be a violation. Or if I were to say their aircraft is in poor condition (quality), that should also be a violation.

I'm all about restricting politics and religion. Neither one of those topics ends peacefully. But if we can't professionally debate a company's product, even in classifieds, then we've become way too heavy handed in moderating here.

For the record, I love Cirrus/Cirri/Cirrusess...whatever. Just too poor to afford one.

But if we can't professionally debate a company's product, even in classifieds, then we've become way too heavy handed in moderating here.
The only moderation I think should be necessary is self-moderation.* I just don't see the classifieds as a place to debate products.

*I do think if there are going to be rules they should be fairly and evenly enforced, however. Post 16 was intended to point out that while a moderator quickly reminded us that it's against the ROC to discuss bans, the threadcrapping in the subject classified ads goes apparently unnoticed.

Nauga,
binning

Last edited:
I thought you had to get the quarter in the shot glass three times before you can make a new rule.

I started this thread 10 days ago. About that same time the last post by the offender was made, although he still lurks it seems. I'd say mission accomplished with no new rules.

Hopefully, said offender will stick around and participate without the hawking.

I started this thread 10 days ago. About that same time the last post by the offender was made, although he still lurks it seems. I'd say mission accomplished with no new rules.

What makes him an "offender"? I haven't found any rule against posting things for sale in the classifieds section.

Does anyone around here know where I can get a good deal on an AOA?

They're about to close many Sears stores, think they're 50% off now. I mean Sears sells everything don't they?

The rules are generally sufficient to allow the latitude to enforce things. Yes, sometimes it's subjective, as is the case with many rules. When there's the perception of inconsistent enforcement, most of the time it's because we just don't read all the threads on this forum. I never did, and neither did any of the other MC members.

Back