Throttle Linkage

Rob58

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Rob
There is a sizeable gap between the throttle cable clevis end inside surfaces and the throttle linkage arm as shown in the picture below. This is a TCM IO-520D. Is this gap normal and acceptable?

Throttle Linkage.jpg

is this gap normal and acceptable?
Yes... usually. If shimming the gap is required there is usually a process mentioned in the airframe service manual which should be checked to verify. In some cases, that gap it needed to make allowances (sloppy link) between the different plane of travel for the bellcrank vs the throttle cable assy when a rod-end bearing is not used at that connection.

Last edited:
Yes... usually. If shimming the gap is required there is usually a process mentioned in the airframe service manual which should be checked to verify. In some cases, that gap it needed to make allowances (sloppy link) between the different plane of travel for the bellcrank vs the throttle cable assy when a rod-end bearing is not used at that connection.
This is a very logical and helpful response Bell206 (just as many of your other comments have been on different subjects). I'm going to leave the gap as it is. My service manual, as archaic as it is, does not provide any information about this connection. Once I button this up of course a cotter pin will be there. Thanks!

Back