Three Strikes...

I watched it last night. It wasn’t what I was expecting, but certainly made me reconsider some things, and reinforce others, such as no night piston IMC.

TobNpr - outstanding video. Really like the 3 strikes way to look at go / no go. Thank you for posting.

Footnote - I'm never flying in mountains........

Last edited:
It was recommended to me by a fellow pilot. After 52 years of flying & presently a full time CFI I think everyone should watch it. I have lots of night hours but still don't fly at night unless necessary. I also teach mountain flying. It can be done safely once you full understand the hazards. I might add that my glider flying & instructing did more for my understanding of weather & it's effect on flying than any other flying I've done.

Be careful out there!

Personally, I can fly in the clouds, fly in the mountains, fly at night. But only one of those at the same time.

There was a time in my career that night IMC in a single was no big deal. Mountains were mole hills. Then I gained a little experience. I went to a couple funerals. I made a few mistakes that were very similar to those my dead friends made but I somehow lived. I have had an amazing run. My personal minimums have changed so very much. Now I’ll fly an approach to 0/0 without stress but my minimum equipment requirements are much higher.

Be safe my friends. I enjoy reading every post on this board I can see.

Good reminder video.

Back