Thread... FAIL!

Airline ad placement fail:

attachment.php

Yeah, I think it was supposed to be on the Other side of the escalator:yes:

Airline ad placement fail:

attachment.php

There's a business park off of I275 near the approach end of 18L at CVG that has a concrete "statue" of the tail section of a plane nose down in their pond. WIll have to get a picture if/when I go to Cincy again.

There's a business park off of I275 near the approach end of 18L at CVG that has a concrete "statue" of the tail section of a plane nose down in their pond. WIll have to get a picture if/when I go to Cincy again.

Hmm, might have to go see that

DC-3 nose gear fail (ie they forgot to install it first):

DC3nose.jpg

Judging by the location on the runway, I'm going to categorize this one as a short field landing FAIL.

DC-3 nose gear fail (ie they forgot to install it first):

DC3nose.jpg

Judging by the location on the runway, I'm going to categorize this one as a short field landing FAIL.

Maybe the flare concept was backwards?

Ouch. I wonder what the story is on this? Know any more details?

No clue...I found it while looking for a photo of another DC-3 on its nose (a poor taste museum display in FL).

Since it appears to be on the aim markers fairly close to the arrival end of the runway, I'm guessing that they were trying to do a short field landing and kept the brakes on too long. Normal technique for a short field is to wheel land and use the brakes while the tail is still flying. Problem is that if you are still have the brakes aggressively applied (or you lock them up) when the tail is ready to come down....then onto the nose you go.

Could also have been an abort on takeoff with too much braking.

As seen in Sun Valley, ID. (I flew there, so that's why this counts as aviation related).

Attachments

• IMAG0103.jpg
    IMAG0103.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
Well, if the guy's name is High Desert Sport it's not a fail. :idea: :rofl:

That's an excellent point. But then that would beg the question of what he is selling there? And why did he put a name tag on the side of the building? Either way, I think it's a fail :yesnod:

Carjacking...FAIL

Mo. driver delivers would-be carjacker to police

Posted: Sep 06, 2011 4:46 PM CDT Updated: Sep 06, 2011 4:46 PM CDT

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Kansas City police didn't have to look far for an armed carjacking suspect. The alleged victim delivered the man right to police headquarters, still on the hood of her car after a 10-block drive.
KSHB-TV reports the woman told officers the man stopped traffic on U.S. 71 south of downtown Tuesday afternoon by dancing on the roadway. The woman says he jumped on her hood, pointed a gun and told her to drive.
She did - straight to police headquarters downtown. She honked outside a door, then rammed through the garage doors when no one responded.
Police say the man was still on the hood, but jumped off and tried to run for a city bus. Police caught up and arrested him.
Officers say the woman won't be ticketed.

There was one on the news last night.

Lady called 911 from the Interstate in a panic because some "crazy truck driver" was driving backwards on the highway at over 65 MPH.

She was, of course, following a big rig tow truck.

Haven't had tine to find a link yet.

6115206844_a52e21a28e_z.jpg

Only the pilots who were sitting around the fire at 6Y9 will "get" this photo.

Epic fail - !

How *NOT* to roast a marshmallow. Apparently, those long forks can get a little complicated and don't come with a user manual.

Being the leader of our cub scout pack I've seen my own share of marshmallows murdered at the hand of the fire gods.

Last edited:
Only the pilots who were sitting around the fire at 6Y9 will "get" this photo.

Epic fail - !

How *NOT* to roast a marshmallow. Apparently, those long forks can get a little complicated and don't come with a user manual.

It seems like fires probably shouldn't be allowed at POA fly-ins; it never turns out well.

LOL I think some of the 6Y9 attendees will need a marshmallow 709 ride :)

I'm just wondering if the "fire pit" is the same burned out spot created a couple years back.

I'm just wondering if the "fire pit" is the same burned out spot created a couple years back.
No. The one in the picture is the one back at the "compound." Brad built a new pit on the field near the school, but we didn't use it this year.

Fool me...FAIL!

This is in the back lot of a local retailer. They have a dozen (or so) cargo containers sitting out in the lot and use them for storage. This is posted on every one of them:

attachment.php

Attachments

• cropped.jpg
    cropped.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 48
Fool me...FAIL!

This is in the back lot of a local retailer. They have a dozen (or so) cargo containers sitting out in the lot and use them for storage. This is posted on every one of them:

attachment.php

My guess is there are, in fact, no alarms, but the stickers raise the concern to a thief that there might be. Same reason that window stickers and an alarm company yard sign are nearly as effective at reducing home burglaries when the alarm system is not actually installed as they are when the alarm system is installed. A thief, like water and electricity, will genetally choose the path of list resistance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

A thief, like water and electricity, will genetally choose the path of list resistance.

Judging from the number of copper thieves who get electrocuted while trying to steal live wires, I dunno about that. They seem to BECOME paths of least resistance!

Back