Thread... FAIL!

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Maybe we should get a "Fail" threat started. I bet a bunch of you have some great ones just waiting to be posted.

Well, nobody else did it yet, so here is the Fail thread! (Oh, and Allen - Spelling FAIL! Get a "threat" started? :smilewinkgrin:)

I'll start out with a classic...

Flight school FAIL!

attachment.php

Attachments

• school1.jpg
    school1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,127
Well done Kent, I'll repost my first contribution. NavAid FAIL.

Attachments

• IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 457

hehehe

Wish I'd taken a picture of the screen on my recent trip to Athens. The "time" on the cabin flight progress display (like the one you showed) kept blinking "12:00"

Cell phone FAIL:yikes:

Attachments

• xray_phone.jpg
    xray_phone.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 286
:nonod: That's not right.

I gotta ask, between that and your avatar, are you a radiologist?

No. During specialty selection it was determined that I like people and light. Automatic rule out as a member of the black scrubs clan.

These are just things I come across during my travels. Some are a bit morbid for here. However, follow the link at your own risk.. Be warned.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/decapitation.asp

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/tulsacrash.asp

These are the sorts of things that deal with.

Tailhook scandal.

This won't buff right out.

Last edited:
can someone tell me what pwned, pOwned, pwn means? I assume it's a typo?
Spell 'owned' and while doing so look at the keys on the keyboard. It was inevitiable the eventually there would be a typo, 'pwned' instead of 'owned'. The missplelling stuck and became web-ese like noob for newbie.

Spell 'owned' and while doing so look at the keys on the keyboard. It was inevitiable the eventually there would be a typo, 'pwned' instead of 'owned'. The missplelling stuck and became web-ese like noob for newbie.

that's what I figured - typo - but what does it mean? I'm seeing it in the context of something like "oh snap" or an exclamation in general.

One personal, one not

Attachments

• WoundedCitabria.JPG
    WoundedCitabria.JPG
    598.5 KB · Views: 293
  • That'll buff right out.jpg
    That'll buff right out.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 253
Nice name for the boat! I'm sure that pole lengthened the episode.
Notice how it's "II." I wonder what the fate of "I" was, and if there was ever a "III."

I did find this report from the Coast Guard Auxiliary:

The skipper of the "Temporary Insanity II" claimed that he was "blinded by the lights of a sailboat" when he impaled his vessel on this day-marker. He was charged with negligence, traveling at an unsafe speed and failure to maintain a proper lookout.

Photo: Navy Safety Center

Last edited:
[
quote=mikea;396641]You do know that pic was Photoshopped? The sign is on the other side of the airport entrance road.[/quote]

I think this is the original unaltered pic

You can see the sign across the stret in the background where Mike describes it.
potw02_1250.jpg

Since there doesn't appear to be a prop strike, does the engine still require a tear down?

Nose Gear...FAIL

attachment.php

Attachments

• 5274S1.JPG
    5274S1.JPG
    557.1 KB · Views: 589
pusher fail

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 286
I think if you look closely the two pictures are taken from opposite sides of the entrance. no photoshop involved.

You do know that pic was Photoshopped? The sign is on the other side of the airport entrance road.

1. Parking FAIL.
2. Salvage FAIL.

Attachments

• Vette in water 1.jpg
    Vette in water 1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 196
  • Vette in water 3.jpg
    Vette in water 3.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 209
Engines...FAIL!

Engines fail...It's appropriate for this thread

Attachments