Thread about actual beer

For Aviation themed beers it's hard to beat

https://www.ctvalleybrewing.com/beers/

Our logo features the F4U Corsair airplane which is the Connecticut State Airplane and a great testament to the spirit of the state. Because we feel the community is important, our company is highlighting some of the state’s great industries and adventure sports by featuring them on our cans. These people and places have not only inspired our own lives and the life of the brewery, but they also honor the places we’ve come to live, love, and grow in. We hope you enjoy your time here and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

a2d43edb-92e8-4291-9541-6c8f1afd2f0a-QDH_DB_Cooper_Cropped_-_High_Res.jpg

I don’t name any of my beers, but I have a dirty blonde pale ale recipe that I really want to name after @eman1200

After a brewery tour, I learned that O.B. beer has a German brewmaster and he strictly follows Reinheitsgebot.

Contrary to what every GI has claimed for 70 years in Korea, O.B. does not contain formaldehyde.

Aussie Beer, especially the lager.

XXXX is good. Brewed in Queensland.

Which reminds me of a joke told down in New South Wales: "Why is it called XXXX? Because in Queensland, they're too stupid to spell BEER."

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 12.11.33 AM.png

Apparently there are places that distill beer into alcohol/whiskey:
https://www.eater.com/drinks/2016/5/18/11693112/beer-whiskey-craft-pa-wheat-ale-arcane

I might have to try one of those.

Our fourth release in the collection, Charbay's R5 Lot No. 4 is double-distilled from Bear Republic Brewery's award-winning Racer 5 IPA beer (7% ABV). Marko chose this full-bodied IPA for its aromatic hops and smooth, clean finish, forming the base of R5's unique profile.
Whiskey-R5Aged.png
Its fourth release, Lot No. 4 was a 10 barrel release, distilled in March 2013 and aged for 29 months in French oak. It has an intensely hoppy nose mixed with orange and clove, and sweet molasses, smoky notes on the palate.

Last edited:
Back