Thoughts on the Beech Sierra?

I would save the cash from the Sierra and get the aerobatic Musketeer. At least you can have fun going so slowly.
Based on the fact you have a Venture, I’m sure going slow isn’t quite your forte. :)

Hmmm kind of like this??
https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...24R+SIERRA&listing_id=2327740&s-type=aircraft

there are poor radios and avionics in every airplane made before last year at the rate products are changing.
Haha!! Yes! Exactly like that. :) Mine didn't cost that much, by about 10k. I gots me a IFR GPS and an autopilot that has labor unrest. Similar engine time as mine, but that one looks purdyer.

The A36 is almost a good 6 seater. In club config, with my experience, they can almost handle 6 full sized adults. If the middle row seats are turned forward, it is a great 4 place plane, if you ask me. I think the F33A (straight tail) and S35 (V tail) have 6 seats, but not really. The B24R Sierra also has 6 "seats" but, again, good luck. Maybe 4 175 lbs pax and a kid in the BAC. Those little seats in the back of any single are really for marketing, save for a few of the big Pipers and Cezzna 200 series, imho. I see Cezzna 206's on Lake Hood, on floats, blasting off with 6 people in them all summer long. Good thing the lake is loooooong because the takeoff is loooooong too. :) I have never flown a big Pipper, or Cezzna. 1000ish hrs in baby beeches and Bo's. Wait, I did get my instrument in a 210. I like that aeroplane.

What's your main mission?
To be honest, I don't think I'll be closing on a plane relatively soon, but my best-estimated mission profile is hops of 400nm or less, with at least one passenger and plenty of baggage. Later on, that will grow to a family with little ones. Plus the occasional flight with 4 pax is entirely possible.

Edit: Full-size pax that is.

Last edited:
Back