Those sneaky fruit bastages

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
:mad::mad::mad:

Today I didn't have time to make my own "lunch" for work (on a swing shift today 3pm - 11pm) because I was too busy in the aviation isle at Ace looking for seat belt bushings (not going to pay $74 for a freakin' bushing...just NOT gonna do it)...I digress.

Anyway, the supermarket had plastic quart containers of cantaloupe, pineapple and watermelon chunks for $2.84. Wow, that's a pretty good price so I bought one. I'm here reading the forum and open it up. I take a bite of the cantaloupe, good...maybe needs some salt. I don't need salt. I stab a chunk of pineapple and stuff it in my face hole and continue reading...hmmmm, something ain't right; that tasted like watermelon. Maybe I just missed the pineapple and got a chunk of watermelon. Making sure I get the bright yellow piece for sure this time, I cram another piece of pineapple in there. What the hell.....it IS watermelon!

So what I want to know is what sick twisted fruit geneticist decided that red watermelon just wasn't enough and that the world needed yellow watermelon that looks just like pineapple? That guy needs to be hung up by the testicles and fed ex-lax.

How could you get to be as old as you are without encountering a yellow watermelon?....and cantaloupe always needs salt and pepper. You aren't from around here now are ya?

There's no good reason to eat cantaloupe or watermelon, or any other melon-fruit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no good reason to eat cantaloupe or watermelon, or any other melon-fruit.

The folks in Rush Springs, Oklahoma might disagree with you.

In the past I've always added salt to melon. Its a flavor enhancer, really. But I'm backing off on extra salt these days to get the jump on some doctor telling me that I have to. My blood pressure is fine and I want to keep it that way.

Anyway, this stuff is better on melon, eggs, cottage cheese, etc. etc.

81JuKRy2QcL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Growing up in the 60s we had red, yellow, orange and maroon watermelons. They were 6-7 times larger than what I see in stores now.

And the best ones were ahhh......uhhhh.....liberated from the field at night.

They're located between Marlow and Ninnekah, they've got bigger problems than a NE Okie's opinion of their produce, lol.

One time the coach told us the Ninnekah guys put their jock straps on one leg at at time just like us. We beat them that year.

People do it to tomatoes all the time. A fruit so awful most folks think it's a vegetable.
I can understand that a little better. Ever seen people who eat tomatoes like an apple? Yuck!

In the past I've always added salt to melon. Its a flavor enhancer, really. But I'm backing off on extra salt these days to get the jump on some doctor telling me that I have to. My blood pressure is fine and I want to keep it that way.

Anyway, this stuff is better on melon, eggs, cottage cheese, etc. etc.

81JuKRy2QcL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

that stuff is awesome on mangos and apples. Yum. I want some now.

Maybe it needs ketchup. Works on hot dogs, no? :D

Back