This weather forecast...

you must be talking about there in NJ because Oshkosh forecast looks outstanding at the moment. Don't sweat it too much, it will change again by then at least 10 times! haha

go east first, then south, then west for 1500mi, north a bit, then come back on it from S Dakota?

I was worried about that as well but looks better. Will do a more in depth brief tonight before heading out at 0600.

I saw the rain chances for Saturday, too, which I was not thrilled with because that's when I'm supposed to be setting up camp. Ah well!

We stopped for the night in Southern Indiana to visit friends. Well we had an IFR slot for this morning into OSH but it looks like that ain't gonna happen due to a large complex of T-storms along the route in Northern Illinois. Oh well, we'll just have to wait for it to pass and get VFR weather on the route and at OSH.

Weather is trending UP in E Central WI. Still some scattered precipitation, but Sunday eve then going forward look pretty good.

As posted above, fly as able, hole up & let WX improve, then knock out the next leg.

Our new plan is to see what the route and OSH looks like later today around 3-4pm EDT. If it's not VFR, we're going to try IFR to UNU early tomorrow morning (I went ahead and got a 0715 slot) and if OSH is VFR we'll cancel once we get IVO UNU and fly the VFR arrival into OSH.

Sitting at popular grove just south of Oshkosh waiting on the ceiling to lift.

Back