This one is the cat's meow

Ive seen that one for sale back in 2014 when I was looking to buy. Yuck! But hey it will turn heads and get people on the ramp looking and talking about it for days. Haha

Were I to paint an airplane I think I'd choose a color and pattern scheme that was perhaps a bit more sedate. Then again, were I convinced that I wasn't going to sell the airplane ever I might go hog wild.

I'll bet it purrrrrs.

That’s pretty awful and will limit buyers, but someone will love it. You just have to find them.

My plane is in FSU colors (I’m not a supporter, it’s just coincidence) and when I land near Gainesville (gator country), I get all kinds of abuse from people on the ground. I’m often amazed at how much some people are agitated by two colors.

After awhile it occurred to me if I ever sell the plane I need to advertise heavily in the Tallahassee area (or Kansas City).

Would I fly it? Sure. Would I pay $70K for it? Hard No.

Am I the only one who thinks it actually looks pretty cool? LOL

Am I the only one who thinks it actually looks pretty cool? LOL
I think the concept is cool, but something about it turns me off. Not sure what.

I wouldn't paint mine like this but I think its pretty cool

11971745113_3a65a40bd8_b.jpg

However, I think the owner of the OP's picture should wear this while flying.

office505andy.jpg

...I’m often amazed at how much some people are agitated by two colors...

These days it seems as though some people get agitated (and offended) over a lot less than two colors.

BrYan with a Y to the white courtesy phone please.....

I'm a grumman guy, but that's a brutally terrible paint scheme, IMO. But as somebody else said, it will appeal to somebody out there.

I'm a grumman guy, but that's a brutally terrible paint scheme, IMO. But as somebody else said, it will appeal to somebody out there.
Yeah. The subject matter I have no issue with; the implementation is hideous.

I once covered an RC plane in dazzle camo. Don’t have any digitized pics of it unfortunately. It was a real pain to fly and I did make a smoking crater with it after a couple years of fun. You had to fly it using its reactions rather than it’s shape. It was actually worse when it got closer because further away the colors were easier to ignore.

I flew a Tiger for over 10 years and that paint job is hideous! The only person it could appeal to is probably in a "loony bin" somewhere and can't get a medical anyway:eek::confused:

Hell, I don't think even 6PC would fly that......

At least nobody is going to mistake it for a Tiger.

I think the wingtip airbrush art is kinda cool and would be a funky touch. But the whole plane is a little on the nose...

Back