This looks.... expensive.

Your classic unsecured LZ. Fortunately though it wasn't one of those motorcycles driving into the T/R as what usually happens overseas. On this side of the fence, it's usually an ambulance driver in a secured LZ that dings the aircraft or, my favorite, the drunk who drives around the police cars with flashing lights, hits the helicopter, then tries to get away.:rolleyes:

Not the pilots fault, he should have had some ground crew to set up cones, direct traffic, etc.
That's the point. He should have arranged for a ground crew to keep the area clear. Heck, calling the local cops would probably get the job done. he didn't, and a truck wandered in and ruined his nice helicopter. If you're going to do ground ops away from the airport you can't just assume the situation will remain benign.

I love how the truck keeps on driving. You can just hear the conversation in the cab:

Dude, did you hear something?
Nah, you?
Nah. Keep going, we’re late for lunch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heck, calling the local cops would probably get the job done. he didn't, and a truck wandered in and ruined his nice helicopter.
FYI: it's my understanding this helicopter belonged to the Brazilian military police who tend to do things as they please and expect the locals to stay away. However, it's also my experience the locals usually don't give a rat's azz what the police do and go about their business. To compound things, I believe the truck driver also worked for a government agency who usually follow the same rules as the police....etc. etc.

Truck Resonance -When the rotor blades of a helicopter bunch up and become out of balance due to impacting the trailer of an unsuspecting truck driver.:)

Back