This guy might be able to offer pointers on proper touch-and-go's

That is a cool shot from inside the tower. He was flying really damn close to the tower, though.

So, there's a 7000' runway nearby. I could easily land and take-off twice in that length, maybe even three times but that'd be pushing it.

Would that count? If so, I'm confident that I could beat 96 landings in two hours.

As an aside, you know you're in Colorado (or WA) when one of the clickable banner topics on a TV station's news site is "Marijuana". ;)

So, there's a 7000' runway nearby. I could easily land and take-off twice in that length, maybe even three times but that'd be pushing it.

Would that count? If so, I'm confident that I could beat 96 landings in two hours.

As an aside, you know you're in Colorado (or WA) when one of the clickable banner topics on a TV station's news site is "Marijuana". ;)

He said in the beginning that he had to "at least make a 270 degree turn." Not sure if he meant 360, but he definitely said that going up and down multiple times on the same pass doesn't count :).

That is a cool shot from inside the tower. He was flying really damn close to the tower, though.

early turn-out fer sure - looked like he was almost using the helicopter pattern for 29L (the helos generally use the taxiway instead of the runway)

Looks like he had access to 3 runways. 2 parallel and 1 perpendicular.

It's a lot of fun doing cloverleaves there but when the tower is operating t-n-gs are generally 29L or 11R. Winds generally favor 29L but there have been many days there when the wind socks point at each other. The airport is on a ridge and gets "funny" winds.

It's funny, the guy does about 100 landings in 2 hours and I made about 100 landings at BJC when training for my PPL.

He said in the beginning that he had to "at least make a 270 degree turn." Not sure if he meant 360, but he definitely said that going up and down multiple times on the same pass doesn't count :).

ahhh...I didn't see a video, just the printed article.

Liked the shot from the tower ,looked like he was making some tight turns.

I was out doing cloverleafs yesterday evening in the C140. Took off on 8, T/G on 12, T/G on 26, T/G on 30, T/G on 8 and then full stop on 12. Took less than 15 min. It would have been quicker but I had to work around a student in a 172 doing B-52 patterns but the tower worked me around and I never interfered with him. He did 2 landings to my 5. Great fun! Don

Is the premise that SHE was flying and did those 96,T&G's?

That was kool..... Good for them and raising money for a good cause.....

Circling the tower looked like a blast too,,, Not that I have ever done that..:rolleyes::redface:

Last edited:
Back