This doesn't sound fun.

Longest non-stop I've done is 12 hours IAD-NRT or JFK-RIO DE JAERO, both on 747's.

Longest chain of flights is I did 20 hours in a 707 from Nairobi back to JFK, or 26 hours from Cairns-Sydney-LAX-IAD.

28 hours for me. JNB-FRA-ORD-SEA. My wife, however, went JNB-SIN-ICN-SFO-SEA. She got out of JNB 5 hours ahead of me, I got into SEA 2 hours ahead of her. She was in transit for 35 hours. That is the longest series of flights I know of, so far.

My longest was 14.5 from Chicago to Dehli. It was on Air India in Business. Not too terrible, except it was preceded by DFW to ORD and connected with Dehli to Kolkata.

REALLY long trip.

"Boss, you know all those KC-135's they got sitting in the desert that we might be able to get for cheap?"​
Been there flew that. San Diego...well Miramar actually to Germany...20yrs ago in the CANG. President ipod, iPad, etc...that sucked. AF box lunches and pougie bait for food on the flight. Tried to lay up sleeping bags on the floor and sleep...but it was colder than a block of ice. Something like 14 hours...ugh.
Commercial is much nicer.

Biggest question: How often do the lavs get cleaned? Worst part of long international flights for me is how bad the bathrooms get after a while. Then there was that time I was stretching my legs and decided I might as well hit the head before I sat back down. So I waited by the door with the "occupied" sign. And I waited, and waited, and waited. The line behind me was getting pretty long. Then I said to myself, "Self, do you really want to be the next person in there after the current occupant has been in there so long?" I decided "no", and went back to my seat.

Back