This crash will have consequences.

Every single news site I've ever seen has a "bent", because they are written by humans. It's incredibly rare to see an article without some kind of agenda written in. You just have to be able to understand the bent so you can sort out what is real news and what is the writer's skew. It's not too hard. Usually.
I have grown tired of the news media that has passed by having a bent and are intentionally misrepresenting the information for ratings.

They repeat what they’re told. It’s up to the reader to process what component of that is useful. Apparently people aren’t very bright in that capacity.

It’s sad that 10 people died in this crash and some here paint themselves as victims.

I have grown tired of the news media that has passed by having a bent and are intentionally misrepresenting the information for ratings.

Yeah, me too. I just want to hear a factual account of things that actually happened. Nothing more, nothing less. Unfortunately, that isn't exciting enough for most people.

That diagram is extreme wishful thinking.

Saying CNN 'skews' left and FOX news 'skews' right is absolutely ridiculous.

As someone who leans conservative, I used to get most of my daily news feed from CNN. While CNN at the time did skew left, I believe it's important to consider where the opposition is coming from.

But CNN completely went off the rails during the Trump years. To the point where there wasn't even a hint or attempt at objectivity. Just pure emotion and complete lack of quality control in editing.

FOX absolutely lost it during the Obama years.

Neither have recovered..... because their readership doesn't want them to.

Sorry, but that is not real journalism.
Not to mention sites like Vice and Vox in the green box. I love it when people proclaim their opinions to be fact... oh wait...

They repeat what they’re told. It’s up to the reader to process what component of that is useful. Apparently people aren’t very bright in that capacity.

It’s sad that 10 people died in this crash and some here paint themselves as victims.
Respectfully disagree. Journalism, at least as it was practiced, involved obtaining multiple sources or other confirmation of what was being reported. The point being that the reporter or investigator would do the leg work that that reader was not equipped to do, and report the findings. Of course the reader would still decide what to make of all of it.

I know that H L Mencken bragged about sitting around in bar making up the "news" to "report" in the evening edition. We should have moved beyond that.

Used to be there were "two sides to every story".

Happiness will come to those that learn to place the on/off switch in the off position when this trash comes on ...

That diagram is extreme wishful thinking.

Saying CNN 'skews' left and FOX news 'skews' right is absolutely ridiculous.

As someone who leans conservative, I used to get most of my daily news feed from CNN. While CNN at the time did skew left, I believe it's important to consider where the opposition is coming from.

But CNN completely went off the rails during the Trump years. To the point where there wasn't even a hint or attempt at objectivity. Just pure emotion and complete lack of quality control in editing.

FOX absolutely lost it during the Obama years.

Neither have recovered..... because their readership doesn't want them to.

Sorry, but that is not real journalism.
They share their methodology and report on internal bias here:
https://adfontesmedia.com/how-ad-fontes-ranks-news-sources/

In fact, they allow access to their data.

What is your source for your claims?

This one is more readable, but not up to date. It's all loosy-goosy.

AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version7.jpg

This one is more readable, but not up to date. It's all loosy-goosy.
Also note that this image does not classify on accuracy. At least the previously-posted chart had correctly classified Newsmax under "Opinion" and "Propaganda".

Just because you disagree with something doesn’t mean it’s incorrect. That something many people fail to understand these days

Quite frankly, I could say the same thing to the people who think the first chart is gospel. News leans. It just does, because it's not written by impartial people, no matter how hard they try.

Also note that this image does not classify on accuracy. At least the previously-posted chart had correctly classified Newsmax under "Opinion" and "Propaganda".

I haven't read Newsmax, so I have no clue about that, but my issue with the previously-posted chart is most of the things in the "green box" should have also been classified that way.

Just because you disagree with something doesn’t mean it’s incorrect. That something many people fail to understand these days

Just because someone makes a fancy-looking chart doesn’t mean it’s correct. And just because I disagree with a fancy-looking chart doesn’t mean I’m incorrect.

Many people also fail to understand there IS a difference between correct and incorrect, and rely instead upon whether or not they agree.
Just because someone makes a fancy-looking chart doesn’t mean it’s correct. And just because I disagree with a fancy-looking chart doesn’t mean I’m incorrect.

But, how does it make you FEEL? That's what counts these days.

I feel like a few posts in this thread have given me plenty of insight on who's opinions I should listen to and whos are the most likely to be spouting nonsense. You can guess which ones.

It is sad, but keep in mind there already was a thread about the crash and the victims.

OP started this thread about 'consequences' of the accident. IOW, this particular thread was never about the actual crash victims.

That said, I agree with TCABM. I got in before the lock and now regret it.

This thread reminds me of a very good joke:

A Russian is on an airliner heading to the US, and the American in the seat next to him asks, “So what brings you to the US?” The Russian replies, “I’m studying the American approach to propaganda.” The American says, “What propaganda?” The Russian says, “That’s what I mean.”

Last edited:
Ummmm.
Examples:
We are now being told not to fly over Spencertown, NY because the people in Spencertown took a vote and they don't like airplane noise.

Shep ... you all need to arrange a fly in with the magenta track directly over that town. We did a Fly for Breast cancer awareness event last year and the "lead" for our 40 plane conga line (not allowed to fly formation according to FAA) took us directly over a neighborhood like the one you listed:):):p:p

I just keep laughing that BBC is center…maybe if your a North London type … all I have to add and it’s not much.

Sorry I'll be back to answer questions and snark.
I'm working the Rhinebeck Jamboree his week. Too tired to bother when I get home at night.

I believe it is more importanter to notice that the entire chart is skewed left to begin with. :stirpot:
Or rather... after applying corrections when recognizing bias per the main demographic of PoA (skews to the right as it's populated primarily by older white males), then we're back at center ;)

Or rather... after applying corrections when recognizing bias per the main demographic of PoA (skews to the right as it's populated primarily by older white males), then we're back at center ;)

There are several young femmes on this site (as well as young males) with the same political views. Maybe rather than skewing to age, race, and gender, the site skews toward intelligence.

I'm offended that you are assuming someone's identity!!! :p
It's ok. As a (slightly) older white male myself, I sometimes offend myself with my demographically - predictable interests, including aviation, hockey, whiskey/beer, woodworking, and music that is primarily guitar driven. It's tough to escape one's self.

There are several young femmes on this site (as well as young males) with the same political views. Maybe rather than skewing to age, race, and gender, the site skews toward intelligence.
Well played sir

It's ok. As a (slightly) older white male myself, I sometimes offend myself with my demographically - predictable interests, including aviation, hockey, whiskey/beer, woodworking, and music that is primarily guitar driven. It's tough to escape one's self.

I mean...there is a reason those are stereotypes! :D I seem to have unintentionally made it my goal in life to break as many stereotypes as possible about young, white women. LOL

Back