This could be a bargain!

Item location: pier 44 marina Deland Florida, United States. Huh? Not at an airport?
If it hasn't been flown in a while and is sitting in that kind of corrosive environment, I'd be rather worried.

Item location: pier 44 marina Deland Florida, United States. Huh? Not at an airport?
If it hasn't been flown in a while and is sitting in that kind of corrosive environment, I'd be rather worried.

Evidence not in testimony, but I'll bet Mr. "economicle" didn't change the default location when he listed this one.

It may have been off the mainland and was shipped back and probably cheaper to keep in a warehouse for time it took to get cleared.

That was my first thought as well, Grant.

Evidence not in testimony, but I'll bet Mr. "economicle" didn't change the default location when he listed this one.
Possible, but even if it's at the airport a few miles away, it's still a corrosive environment. Heard John Frank talk about a plane that sat unflown for about six months in New Jersey, IIRC, had good maintenance, a recent overhaul and a good prebuy. New owner had an engine problem in the first hundred hours or so, they investigated, and found corrosion in the engine. No flying means no oil covering the metal means oxidation and corrosion. Not good!

It has a polished verticle. That should add enormously to the value of the plane.:goofy:

Yeah, a problem. I sat in one at Sun n Fun a few years ago. Not in the market, but that's a nice two seater. One that can actually carry something with full tanks.

Back