Thinning out chapter 9 of the POH

pchansen

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Paul
Hi all,
I have a T210M and am going through and cleaning up all the paperwork. My POH is so thick that pages are now tearing out when I try to simply close it. Chapter 9, Supplements contains a ton of stuff like ADF, WX Radar etc that do not apply to my aircraft. Can I legally remove the irrelevant
portions from this particular chapter?
Thanks!

Hi all,
I have a T210M and am going through and cleaning up all the paperwork. My POH is so thick that pages are now tearing out when I try to simply close it. Chapter 9, Supplements contains a ton of stuff like ADF, WX Radar etc that do not apply to my aircraft. Can I legally remove the irrelevant
portions from this particular chapter?
Thanks!

How would anyone ever know if you did?

I believe you can and you should. When I had a P210 and did some training with Chuck McGill of Safe Flight. he spend the first two days going over the entire POH. And made me remove all the irrelevant things that were still in Chap 9 like the aforementioned things. Then put in the addendums that should be in there (like the more recent AutoPilot, GTN navigators, Radios etc etc etc). So it is a good idea to remove the parts that are no longer part of the airplane and update it with the required addendums.

Back