Thinking About (ok bought) F-350 with PowerStroke 6.0L - Questions

So you have the Ram, GL, and the E AMG?

Correct. There's a 2000 F-250 parts truck I have as well, although that doesn't really count and will hopefully be gone before long.

We're not intending on changing up the fleet anytime soon. The E55 has needed some work done to it recently that's outside of my time and toolset, but believe it or not we've actually been happy with using the Mercedes dealer. Good service, easy to deal with, provide loaner cars (Laurie put 800 miles on a new E300 loaner that she got). Given that, we'll probably use them for at least some service going forward on the E55 and the GL550. Can't complain about what the E55 has needed, though. Basic wear and tear items after 214k on the clock. Really it's been very reliable for us.

The fire department I am in is going to sell a 1999 F350 brush truck. It has the 7.3 engine and stick shift. Has to be replaced because nobody under 50 knows how to drive it ;-) so, I am 'thinking' about an F350 at this time. Bodywork is beaten to hell from the trees and the hardware, but you don't find many 7.3 manuals with 30k miles on the power train.

I would snatch that one up! That's a rare find.

Even the French and Germans dunno who is who. That whole Alsace and Lorraine thing don'tchaknow....

I have yet to figure out who I really am.

The fire department I am in is going to sell a 1999 F350 brush truck. It has the 7.3 engine and stick shift. Has to be replaced because nobody under 50 knows how to drive it ;-) so, I am 'thinking' about an F350 at this time. Bodywork is beaten to hell from the trees and the hardware, but you don't find many 7.3 manuals with 30k miles on the power train.

Quit thinking and jump on it..!!! And don't worry about parking lot dings.....

Quit thinking and jump on it..!!! And don't worry about parking lot dings.....

We'll, there is a 16yo kid with a firewood business in the department whom i'll probably have to fight in the parking lot to get it ;-) Also my wife mentioned something about smothering me in my sleep if I bring home any more vehicles....

The kid needs an older truck, something he can afford and work on himself and learn, like I did.......:yesnod:

And then get rid of all the pillows in your house...!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Despite my French name, I actually have a significant amount of German heritage.

6f612a8a024917c0b7879901de15c0e3.jpg

LOL.

Congrats on the new Mercedes.

Please don’t drive it like the stereotypical idiots here who have any sort of foreign luxury branded badging on their vehicles do. LOL.

P.S. What else is going on in the truck world lately? I haven’t had time to watch my truck video feeds lately. LOL.

P.S. What else is going on in the truck world lately? I haven’t had time to watch my truck video feeds lately. LOL.[/
P.S. What else is going on in the truck world lately? I haven’t had time to watch my truck video feeds lately. LOL.
I’ve been playing with Torque Pro a bit. Interesting that the eco boost will hit nearly 70” of manifold pressure. Talk about over square

I’ve been playing with Torque Pro a bit. Interesting that the eco boost will hit nearly 70” of manifold pressure. Talk about over square

Holy hell. I limit my Cummins to 35 and the shop says I’m overly conservative but fine for a truck that mostly tows and isn’t a race truck. I used to push it to 40 with the upgraded turbo that’s on it, but it’s just kinda unnecessary since that’ll drive EGT numbers so high you’ll limit out on that instead in the mountains with the trailer.

Sold the trailer anyway, so I have a dilemma. Keep or sell the beast. It’s still great for towing the 8 x 20 encoded cargo trailer that technically has a GVR of 10,500 lbs but I’ve never come even close to having that trailer that heavy. Even when I stuffed a Miata in it. LOL.

The Yukon is a little squirrelly pulling it but does fine. Short wheel base.

So... I ponder. Sell both? And get what? Or just keep both and drive the holy crap out of them for another many years? Dunno. Thinking.

Any ratings or other airplane toys left to get?

CFI SE add on is already budgeted after airplane annual and airplane getting Garmin 650 and 345 already budgeted after that in December. ;)

Technically the CFII isn’t budgeted after that but I don’t think I need to sell a car (or a kidney) to finish that up. :)

CFI SE add on is already budgeted after airplane annual and airplane getting Garmin 650 and 345 already budgeted after that in December. ;)

Technically the CFII isn’t budgeted after that but I don’t think I need to sell a car (or a kidney) to finish that up. :)

I'll have to tell you about my CFII checkride someday... ;)

Back