Things you never want to hear...

We're ceasing operations today.

I heard that one last week. :no::mad2::dunno:

That sucks......

On a brighter note...\

Just buy a Cessna Caravan and start hauling some of those "Precious" plants they grow in greenhouses out by Kelly Rock Springs/ 435..

Just don't get caught..;)

Can we land without that wing that just fell off......saw it done on YouTube ?????

"That's NOT a moon..............."

"Cessna 79M, we've alerted Search and Rescue, if able call on this frequency after landing, or if you have time to copy a phone number, advise. Good luck."

"Your nose gear is still trailing at a 45 degree angle..."

I overheard a rough one today....

"Callsign 123 return to base due to a family emergency"

we found out later he had just lost his 3 month old daughter. I'd never seen a room full of grown men cry, but I did today. I was one of them.

we found out later he had just lost his 3 month old daughter. I'd never seen a room full of grown men cry, but I did today. I was one of them.

Oh man. That's a punch in the gut. :(

Oh man. That's a punch in the gut. :(

She was in the terminal yesterday. We were all taking turns holding her. All I've been able to think of all day is "Tears in Heaven" by Eric C. It's been a tough day for us all, but I can't imagine what my friend is going through. He's got the biggest heart of anyone I've ever met.

ATC: "Skylane 598...How's your ride?"

Me: "Surprisingly smooth"

ATC: "Well thats about to change...severe turbulence reported 20 miles ahead on your route"

Me: "Fun..."

"Expect severe turbulence on final…"

Ugh, absolutely horrible!

Oh Sh&$!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Directed at you: "Bugsmasher 123, #2, cleared to land behind..." as you taxi off the runway.

Heard multiples times in Iraq on the RWR-"SA-8 tracking!"

That's a fancy RWR! Ours just beeps and sometimes it doesn't even bother to do that...

I thought you all got verbal warnings as well? Of course in 2004 there were no SA-8s so it was one of many false alarms. I remember I got a "fixed wing lock!" on my very first flight in country. For a split second I was running through actions on contact then I thought, they're aren't any Migs around here. :D The whole year that was the only FW false alarm I remember getting. Not sure what set it off.

"123AB how do you read? Bugsmasher 123AB XYZ approach how do you read us? Bugsmasher 123AB radar contact lost..."

I thought you all got verbal warnings as well? Of course in 2004 there were no SA-8s so it was one of many false alarms. I remember I got a "fixed wing lock!" on my very first flight in country. For a split second I was running through actions on contact then I thought, they're aren't any Migs around here. :D The whole year that was the only FW false alarm I remember getting. Not sure what set it off.

No way, our RWR gear is so outdated it's pathetic. I'm not kidding that it won't even turn on about 20% of the time. Only beeps and visual displays, no verbal tones in the Eagle besides Betty.

No way, our RWR gear is so outdated it's pathetic. I'm not kidding that it won't even turn on about 20% of the time. Only beeps and visual displays, no verbal tones in the Eagle besides Betty.

OK. APR-39A is pretty crappy too. Generally we turned the volume down so we didn't hear it yapping all day. Of course you can't do anything when it (CMWIS) starts popping flares on its own.

"Air Force One, XXXXX Departure, if you hear me, ident." I was in charge of ATC at the base and in the control tower when that came over the speaker on Guard. :yikes:

Long continuous tone followed by "Low Rotor", all of which is not needed. You can already hear what the Chinook is telling you: it's dying and falling out if the sky.

OK. APR-39A is pretty crappy too. Generally we turned the volume down so we didn't hear it yapping all day. Of course you can't do anything when it (CMWIS) starts popping flares on its own.
No CMWIS on the Eagle, but we had one in the MC-12 - flew with it in manual not automatic.

"Cessna 1234 turn heading xxx and expedite."

Always gets my attention.

Back