Things you never want to hear...

warthog1984

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
LanCA'r
1) "Call the Tower". Not yet, thank God.

2) "Bugsmasher 12345, Who are You?":yikes:. From SoCal approach after being on the same sector's flight following for 10 minutes, having just flown through the Bravo transition.

Keep 'em coming.

1) "Call the Tower". Not yet, thank God.

2) "Bugsmasher 12345, Who are You?":yikes:. From SoCal approach after being on the same sector's flight following for 10 minutes, having just flown through the Bravo transition.

Keep 'em coming.

Bugsmasher 12345, current Altimeter is 29.97.... (Because you are 800 feet off the assigned altitude.)

After a cumulative 6 or so hours of Wx delays, "Weber 2514 read-back correct, EDCT 0059, current time 2243.5, have fun with that..."

"Either the plane goes, or I do."

attachment.php

:D

Voicemail from your mechanic while the plane is in annual: We are done with the bore-scope and compression, call me.

After landing, "Bugsmasher 12345, got a pen?"
Happened to a plane who landed just before me once.

"Tobago 53 Papa, didn't you have THREE tires when you departed?"

"Cessna XYZ, do you see the f16 at your 3 o'clock ???"

I had something like that happen to me.

Fly between a MOA and Abilene TX the ATC calls me and says "Just want to give you a heads up that an F16 is going to pass behind you in a min. Do not be alarmed." He was heading home. Wow those jets are cool.

ATIS- "MANPADS alert. Exercise extreme caution."

I've had departure ask me that. I had taken off on 19R at Dulles and was told to proceed on course and contact departure. Departure couldn't figure out how I was suddenly over the 19 threshold at 1500'.

"How many souls on board?"
the question that goes with that is "fuel remaining" The questions are distracting when you're trying to solve a problem...I guess I should have told them to standby since the they were declaring for me...

In a C-130 over the North Atlantic. Aircraft Commander: "Did somebody light a candle?"

That was a fun night.

I don't get it.

The AC smelled smoke in the flight deck and her reaction for some reason was the candle comment. I was ground crew flying with the plane, we went on O2 and depressed/descended. After sniffing around like a bloodhound on a mission, I couldn't find the source. Had to IFE into Halifax. Turned out to be a transformer that burnt up behind the copilot's circuit breaker panel.

I think it was a requested solution to a noxious gas problem in a confined area......

That's funny.

I think it was a requested solution to a noxious gas problem in a confined area......

If he had said "Would somebody light a candle?" that would make sense. But asking if someone already did, I have no frame of reference for that.

If it was an AC 130, wouldn't "light a candle" mean open fire and obliterate everything within a 5 km radius?

"... attention all aircraft, be advised shots fired in the vicinity. Upon initial contact advise you have information xx"

Actually heard on the ATIS during my first solo.

Back