Things that mesmerize me...

Of course this has always been a classic, too...

[edit: deleted first link, it didn’t actually work]

Amish Auctioneers...

My question is, "What is powering the auctioneers headset?"

Is it connected to some water wheel in a river somewhere? Is there an Amish woman on a bicycle pedaling away in the back?

Is it connected to some water wheel in a river somewhere? Is there an Amish woman on a bicycle pedaling away in the back?

Could be Mennonite and not Amish... or just really like hats and beards.

From what little I understand, Amish choose to live a simple life in their home. In some orders the barn can have electricity, internet and telephone. While tractors are rare on the farm, homes with running water and indoor bathrooms are common. If they sell dairy then those dairy products has to be refrigerated. While owning cars is not considered against their life style and do not own cars, riding in other folks cars is just fine.

Could be Mennonite and not Amish... or just really like hats and beards.
emoji6.png
He's full Amish. I read the backstory on him and how he started his business. He was almost shunned when he first started out, but now he owns one of the largest auction companies in his area. Apparently there are several Amish owned auction companies around the Amish belt and they're now regarded as the go to source for unloading your goods.

Here's another Amish auctioneer selling a quilt. This guy is good...

Another Amish auction selling log homes... who'd of ever thunk? :eek:

Back